4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:00 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 10:11 am 

So all I have heard for the past year since following this board is how bad the Mirage brakes SUCK!!!! And, how much complication there is in installing spindles from another car. I finally put together a kit that is pretty cheap compared to anything even close in quality that is on the market and I get ONE person who has actually spent the money for the group buy. 1 freaking person. And I was even including stainless lines and shipping which is close to $100. Sure seems like it was a waste of time to go through this effort. I shoulda just fabbed enough stuff to pimp out my car and let everyone else figure it out on their own. At least I learned my lesson from the aluminum bumpers that 100 people wanted until I had them made and no one could spend the money. This time I required the money up front and the same thing happened.

And yes, $700 is pretty cheap for a 4 piston setup that includes brake lines. Even the AEM kit that doesnt include rotors, caliper brackets, brake lines or pads is $420

Ahhhhhhhh.........much better now!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 10:15 am 
CSM Junkie

that is very lame! if i didn't have 2 pistons on my car. you would have my money by now.. seems like a great setup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 10:35 am 
CSM Expert

I pimped out my front brakes last year 266mm X drippled fronts nickel plated with fully rebult single piston if there just was an adaptor to adapt a better caliper on standard disks that I would like that I already have my SS brake lines from RRE but best of luck with everything. I know how Group buys on this board like the LSD oine lots of interest then I asked for money no one to be found so I had to cancel the GB because of lack of interest...

Post subject: 2 piston
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 10:39 am 

Two piston is cool. In fact, I had a few discussions with JMauld about just doing a 2 piston brake setup instead. The funny part is that it would have been more expensive than the 4 piston setup because you would have to buy calipers and brackets seperately, but would have saved in not HAVING to buy the brake lines. We all know the brake lines are nice to have though. I was considering it because I thought more people might have the parts laying around, and while it might not work quite as good, it would have been plenty for these little cars. But 4 pistons and 10.8 rotors....ooohhhhh, I am planning on doing stoppies with it if I can get enough traction!!!

hahaha Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 11:45 am 
Yeah, that is pretty sad.

The next person that complains about parts not being available gets banned. Just for Chris! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 12:30 pm 
Nobody Important

I just gotta get the money out of my checking account and into paypal without the woman noticing ;)

I _WILL_ send it to you.

-paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 1:03 pm 
BANNED FOR FRAUD

That really sucks. I'm sure you'd have more people in it if we actually had money. Unfortunately most of us are broke ass jokes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 2:21 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

It goes without saying that if we had any money, we probably wouldn't be driving a C/S/M. Hahaha.

Focus:
If I had $700 to spend on brakes, I wouldn't think twice.
Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 3:38 pm 
BANNED FOR FRAUD

Quote:
It goes without saying that if we had any money, we probably wouldn't be driving a C/S/M. Hahaha.

Focus:
If I had $700 to spend on brakes, I wouldn't think twice.
Good luck.
If I did have money to burn I'd be driving a my Colt built the way I want it already. Stay true to the cause. Nothing else matters.