4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:42 am

All times are UTC-05:00

If there was a 4G61T.com logo contest were you could win a part for your car, would you enter?
Hellz yeah! 78%  78%  [ 18 ]
Fizuck no! Ain't got time nor da skillz fo dis shiz. 22%  22%  [ 5 ]
Total votes: 23
 Post subject: Possible Logo Contest
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:30 am 
BANNED FOR FRAUD

Okay, I'm sure I'm speaking for all of us when I say that I would like to improve the look of this site. A sweet logo has long been desired, but for some reason there hasn't been much but idle efforts. I want to put together a design contest with some sort of prize for the winner. The winner would be decided by a poll/vote by all members. First off I would like a count of who would even participate by saying so in this poll, and second what sort of prize would motivat you lazy asses. I'm thinking like a part for your car that is worth around $200 and that it would be something different depending on if the winner has a 4G15 or turbo car. Adjustable cam gears, Nology plug wires...? Let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:54 pm 
Some call me a god

I think maybe everyone who enters has to chip in to get there banner/logo put up. Also, i think that $200 could be spent by giving the money to Jason so it gives him reason to keep this site going. I've had web-sites in the past and its no easy or cheap task. We all take for granted what Jason provides. I think there shouldn't be a reward($$) for getting your logo posted, the person who should be rewarded is Jason. Yea the winner will be recgonized and maybe given moderator status or a @4g61t.com e-mail, or a free t-shirt. I just think the money could be better spent in maintaining this site. but hell yea, this site could use a face lift.
Just my opinion....take it how you want to...

-Dom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:42 pm 

i would be definitely interested. ive attempted a logo design before and received positive reviews by you guys. it would be nice to turn the logo into some sort of sticker or shirt for us as well. just my 2 cents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:25 pm 
I've never really played with the logo, too much because I kindof like the one that we have.

BUT, I also realize that it's not really "our" logo. Right now, I'm really busy with other things in my life, but would like for someone to run with putting together a logo contest. I don't think it will take an expensive prize to motivate people. Anything to show that the accomplishment is appreciated.

There are actually too parts of the logo. One is an image and the other is a slogan. I think a slogan should be made before a logo is made.

But as for logo design, here are my requirements.

Must be Simple/Plain
It can't clash with the current color-scheme.
Simple/Plain
Not too wordy.
Did I mention it has to be simple?

Yes, I'm a very conservative person and like plain, uncluttered designs. I can't help it, and don't really care to change. :) On that note, I will most likely go with whatever you guys decide on, but I do reserve the right to veto something that I just can't live with...

Also, with my current job status, I can't financially support a giveaway, but I can go through my old emails and post all of the previous logo's that have been submitted.

You can upload potential logo's here:
http://www.4g61t.com/forum/album_cat.php?cat_id=2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:47 pm 

here's the old logo thread. lots of good stuff here.

http://www.4g61t.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... light=logo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:01 pm 

I'd totally do it just to help the site out I mean something little would be nice but I agree on the simple plain part of it all and if we had some thing to go off of or work with so we know what your looking for it would help out alot also like wether or not you need it to be able to be a sticker what you want it to say size etc. etc. let me know sure we could get something together to do this !!! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:54 pm 

Dont really have the time, know-how or programs to do it (Umless MSPain counts? :lol:) Plus theres the fact I'm in NZ. You COULD just give me $200USD cash and it can go toward fixing my car :D?? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:34 pm 
CSM O.G.

can anyone do what was done in this post?http://www.4g61t.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7553&start=0
but using this pic?http://www.4g61t.com/bodykit/images/front.JPGminus the roof rack and maybe puting this logohttp://www.freewebs.com/painterwithapen/otherworks.htmacross the windshield instead of the other one?
i know tall order, but I just have ideas...no computer skills to bring them to life. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:04 pm 
BANNED FOR FRAUD

Hey. It was just an idea. Dom, I agree with you in that Jason deserves tons of credit. But damn, both you guys were acting like you were the ones that were going to dole out the prize. I was gonna run the contest and deal with the prize on my own. This site is like my second home and I've always done as much as I can to help contribute to its growth. I just think that we're at a point where we have a large number of members and we're starting to get some recognition in magazines. It would be nice to give things a face lift and kinda wow people with some eye candy and not just our content.

Maybe a prize was the wrong idea. I just wanted to be able to motivate people in hopes that we could get some really stunning entries. Maybe I take my passion for this site for granted and forget that others feel the same way I do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:28 pm 
Jason, didn't mean to make you feel like I was jumping on your case. Just rambling over here. I like the idea of a contest, and hope you will follow through with the idea, and I will help as much as I can.

I'm still waiting to see some samples in the album that I set up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:51 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

also how about something for our cars to promote 4g61t site.
i used to have a NC.DSM.COM decal for my winder. just my thoughts on it though.

w00t!!!!!