4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:53 am

All times are UTC-05:00

should i hook up the galant or swap the colt?
colt 4g63t swap 44%  44%  [ 7 ]
galant vr-4 31%  31%  [ 5 ]
screw it, go for broke and do both 25%  25%  [ 4 ]
Total votes: 16
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:01 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

well, it's almost go time for the galant rehabilitation... i got the motor the turbo the fmic etc...

I'm starting to wonder if i should just abandon the gvr-4 and go all out with the colt hatch. i cant decide what to do. i am coming to the conclusion that i really only can afford to hook up one of the cars but i have a lot of the swap parts already and then some to make some cash back (block, head, turbo, fmic, tranny, etc.) anyways, what would you do if you had to decide, galant vr-4 or colt swap. the mods would be: SBR race block with 8.3:1 wiseco pistons, basically stock head (for now), mitsu 20g, huge fmic (core is 28x13x3), maft, safc, 680cc injectors (and would get the key diver chip), act 2600 with street disc, wideband o2 sensor, and all the other little stuff...

i start on the instalation process on a month, what whould you do, colt or gvr-4?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:13 pm 

and dont forget you reasoning for your decision... i need motivation

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:54 am 
Some call me a god

Id do the colt, seeing as its just a plain old colt, not a original turbo model.

If the vr4 is an original vr4, i would keep it as original as possible, and just do very basic mods to it, bump up boost, bigger exhaust, K&N. It should be fun just with that alone.

The colt needs the swap to be fun. IF you get bored of the colt, then swap over to the vr4, it shouldnt be a hard swap for the vr4.

my 2 cents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:38 pm 
CSM Expert

I'd go for the GVR4. There are lots of reasonably fast Colts out there, but too many riced GVR4. Time to put some 500 HP @ the AWD wheels! 8)

Edit: Show dem rizers how it's done!! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:00 am 
Some call me a god

Galants are freakin sweet! GO for it

06 C6 Z06- 600whp NA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:05 am 

yeah, i think i'm gonna go as i had planned and go all out on the galant. the colt runs and i'd hate it if the galant sat there lifeless any longer. the colt will either have to wait or i'm just gonna sell all my swap parts.

i have everything except for an ecu as far as the cold swap goes. maybe someone will luck out and find me selling a complete 4g63t swap package.... minus an ecu of course.

and 500 awhp..whew! i'd definately be broke as a joke, or at least my car would be with that much power. all i want is 350 awhp. awd would sketch me out putting down more power than that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:32 am 
CSM Junkie

being that i'm a galant an two turbo colt owner. its such a hard decision! :( while my mirage sits in the garage at my house just needing a water pump. an my galant is sitting at my other garage getting everything done, just to make it a great daily driver. which i wasn't sure if i wanted too do the whole hook up thing, like your talking about. have everything to make it a kick ass car, front mount, vpc-gcc, etc. but i would rather just be happy :P for owning such a nice car, which i missed :cry: so badly when i totaled my last gvr4. have my other toys to just toss around, and beat up.... so in all, i have no idea what i'm talking about, i would do whatever you feel.. an just be happy to own and be driving these carz, :wink: !!