4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:11 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Should we include the 4G (1993-1996) models?
Poll ended at Sat Aug 09, 2003 11:59 am
Yes 22%  22%  [ 6 ]
No 52%  52%  [ 14 ]
Doesn't matter to me. 26%  26%  [ 7 ]
Total votes: 27
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 11:59 am 
Since these cars are mechanically similar to the 3G's, should we include them on this site? We have a couple of 4G owners here anyway, so it would give them a forum to talk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:00 pm 

if it goes through just hope this forum doesnt slowly become like the mirage performance forum. this place might get to big to monitor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:20 pm 

Quote:
if it goes through just hope this forum doesnt slowly become like the mirage performance forum. this place might get to big to monitor
i agree

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:38 pm 

what makes this site.. is how it is dedicated to the 3g chassis.. although i like the 4g... i say let the 4g guys go to a more 4g oriented site...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:07 pm 
4g61t Delinquent

username is right on how this site was originated for the 3 gen...but since i havnt visited mirage forums for god knows how long due to the fact there is nothing but liars on that site.....i think we could help out the 4 gen guys alot and also block and boot any BS'ers

For those 10 months or less... I'm broke...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:49 pm 
Quote:
..i think we could help out the 4 gen guys alot and also block and boot any BS'ers
Yeah, that was what I was thinking. You guys do a good job of keeping people inline anyway, that the moderators here really only have to take care of a few people who really get out of hand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:03 pm 

Quote:
...but since i havnt visited mirage forums for god knows how long due to the fact there is nothing but liars on that site
but we don't want this site turning in to that either. and thats a lot of bsers on those forums,you'll have a tough time keeping that many in check.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:20 pm 
4g61t Delinquent

eh not really.....ive noticed most of the BS'ers are the 5th gen guys...and ive noticed alot of 4th gen guys are like us...yea theres and occasional BFL.....but i think they also would help spot out a liar also :wink:

For those 10 months or less... I'm broke...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:06 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

i think the sight should stay true to its roots and just stay with 3g (mainly turbo) related stuff. People say they have trouble finding old posts now wait til the triple because there are so many more 4g out there than 3g.

jut my opinion

-matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:27 pm 

Maybe you can just set up something like ya did for the 2nd generation guys, the G32B chat... but for the 4 generation.. as a 2nd gen. guy, it has helped me a lot in fixing/workin on my c10.. im thinking ya should give these guys a chance too... just my 2 cents..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:57 pm 

Wouldn't most the 4g stuff be nearly identical to all the info in the 4g15 section? I also think it would just attract all the idiots. [/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:35 pm 
CSM Expert

Quote:
Wouldn't most the 4g stuff be nearly identical to all the info in the 4g15 section? I also think it would just attract all the idiots.
[/quote] I agree. The mirage performance forum is full of people who could care less about modifying their cars. They mostly want to prove they are smarter by talking ignorant trash. People like Ty Dink are rampant there. Aside from that, any useful information that resides there is difficult to find at best. I wouldnt be opposed to a 4 gen section but feel it would muddy the waters. I know there are a lot of people who bounce between boards. Most of the useful info regarding 4g15's can be found here. Anyone from the other board who is half way serious finds his/her way here eventually anyway.

4g15 12valve 5spd.
4g37 TB, MAF & Injectors. 4g37 ECU
Ported & polished & custom CAI w/K&N filter
5* Cam retard, 7*Ignition advance
2-1/4" catback w/flowmaster muffler
89 GT brake and suspension swap
Lots of little s#@t

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 11:19 pm 

I don't see what would be changed. 90% of 4Gs (like mine) use a 12V 4G15 which is identical to the 90-92 version (it still even has bolt-holes for mounting it into a 3G-type chassis). The other 10% have an early distributored 4G93 which is functionally very similar. Topics on this engine could just as easily go in the nonturbo tech section. The rear suspention is fairly different (i.e. independant), but other than that there's not much 2G/3G info that doesn't apply. I've used lots of tips and tricks I learned on here on my own car.
Quote:
Wouldn't most the 4g stuff be nearly identical to all the info in the 4g15 section? I also think it would just attract all the idiots.
Hey! Us 4Gers are just like the rest of you... Our cars are getting old and they never did have much "rice appeal" to begin with. Don't call us all idiots 'cause some people on Mirage Performance have proven themselves to be so. (I could make a snide comment about how 90% of the people you refer to own 5Gs, but I won't.)

(BTW: I voted "doesn't matter." :P)

- J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 10:39 pm 
CSM Expert

Quote:
i think the sight should stay true to its roots and just stay with 3g (mainly turbo) related stuff.
Too late for that, us 2g guys have made a home here too. :)

Regardless, if the 4g is so similar, and people come here for 3g/4g info anyway, why not have a 4g forum and at least give them some sanctuary?

COLT/MIRAGE/SUMMIT BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF ALL GENERATIONS (except 5g).... UNITE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:23 am 
CSM Expert

Well I own a Hyundai so who am I to refuse? LOL!

I dont think a specific forum should necessarilly be set up for the 4G but I cant see any reason to knock back users so long as they agree to the board policies.

BTW - for my 0.02c, if a (new) user starts trash talking on any of the forums, rather than responding to it, I think it would be far more prudent for a quiet private message be sent to one of the moderaters asking them to deal with it and just ignore them. Alternatively, Jmauld, does the server software allow for a "Report this post" button or similar like there is on the NABR board???