4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:48 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Should we include the 4G (1993-1996) models?
Poll ended at Sat Aug 09, 2003 11:59 am
Yes 22%  22%  [ 6 ]
No 52%  52%  [ 14 ]
Doesn't matter to me. 26%  26%  [ 7 ]
Total votes: 27
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:05 am 
Restricted Newbie

With the apparent demise of the Mirage Performance site (although it could be a temporary glitch) - I jokingly just mentioned it to Jay that 4G61t.com would be adding a 4G/5G section in the near future...

My vote would have to be NO.

This forum is fine as is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:24 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

i like how this board is now....2g and 3g are fine....for some reason, every board ive been on, its the guys who own the older cars are the ones who usually know their stuff, such as us for instance. The newer 4g and 5g's seem to be owned by teenagers and they couldnt install a universal intake if their lives depended on it. I like how our kill story forum isnt full of BS like i see so many others (i raced my accord against a z06 and beat him! kinda stuff). They grew up believing that they could get 20hp out of a filter and a meineke muffler (cept in this board we could prolly do that and actually get 20hp heh heh..gotta love turbo)

85.5 Porsche 944, Gaurds Red, 70K original miles

"I'm Rick James, bitch."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:10 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

i say no mainly because there are so few people that like the 3g and it keeps everyone closer together. if 4gs are brought into the picture, you get a lot more people with there BS. we like our cars and we can relate to eachother. this is probably the best 3g forum site there is, period. 4gs already have their own dedicated forums.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 12:33 am 

I used to post really regular on these boards, but I've lost alot of interest because I'm kinda on my own over there, I always am willing to help, but I also cant hold these peoples hands every step of the way.

I like the 4g and 5g guys just as much as the 3g guys, I just wish people could read prior posts and make up some of there own minds about what to do. I noticed a major lack of mechanical/fabrication skills on my journey to a 4G63 powered 4g almost 5 yrs ago now. I was all on my own as far as what goes where, what connects to what, and you 3g guys over here were always helpfully to me way back when Nate was racing the CAN!!

If I can add any usefull info here please ask away, I've been up and down these little cars and have learned alot of stuff along the line, I figure its only fair to return the favor.

Tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:19 am 
CSM Expert

Quote:
Quote:
Wouldn't most the 4g stuff be nearly identical to all the info in the 4g15 section? I also think it would just attract all the idiots.
I agree. The mirage performance forum is full of people who could care less about modifying their cars. They mostly want to prove they are smarter by talking ignorant trash. People like Ty Dink are rampant there. Aside from that, any useful information that resides there is difficult to find at best. I wouldnt be opposed to a 4 gen section but feel it would muddy the waters. I know there are a lot of people who bounce between boards. Most of the useful info regarding 4g15's can be found here. Anyone from the other board who is half way serious finds his/her way here eventually anyway.
I agree. Those 4G forums are full of guys that should be driving Mommy's Honduh. Lots of them aren't capable of finding a car's engine, let alone repair it. And NO ONE seems to read the FAQs or use the search function. I'm sure jmauld isn't hot on having those guys here. Personally, I'm not, either.
I would think 4G owners should be included in the 4G15 section. If they know what a 4G15 is they at least found the engine. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:22 am 
The majority of those guys, I don't want on this board. There are a very small amount of 4G owners that I do think could be beneficial. Take Jay and Tom for example.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:31 am 
CSM Expert

Quote:
The majority of those guys, I don't want on this board. There are a very small amount of 4G owners that I do think could be beneficial. Take Jay and Tom for example.
Jay and Tom are the exceptions to the rule. Frankly spoken, I would really miss Jay if he wouldn't post here anymore.