4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:05 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Free advertising
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 2:50 am 

What do you guys think about the people that whore up the For Sale/Wanted section with ads for their business? There seems to be more and more of it happening lately. Personally I think it should be elsewhere. Let them become a sponsor or something if they want to advertise.

Input?

Member #1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 3:25 am 
Nobody Important

I think that the forsale section should be for specific parts or non-vendors selling random things.

A vendor with a "ask me if I have it" and nothing else should be in the sponsor section or something.

Example of good post:

Hi I'm "random user", I have all the random stuff left from my 4g15 -> 4g63t swap. If you want anything just PM me.

Bad post:

Hi, I'm from someperformancepartplace. We have everything you've ever wanted and more! Just message or call at 1800-Imadork

</rant>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 7:49 am 
The biggest thing is that it's not fair to the sponsors who actually give to be a sponsor. I'm thinking of ways to deal with this. If you have ideas, post them.

Just FYI, the main reason I haven't really pushed this issue is because of the lack of vendor support that we have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:12 pm 

Just an idea for you guys regarding vendors wanting to advertise/post on this site. They include forum rules for posting on each topic, whether it be Cars For Sale/Wanted, General Discussion, Tech Questions, and even one called Fight Club(used for those that continuously argue and insult each other in any thread, which eventually gets moved to this Forum... :lol: ). Have a look through this site and it's posting rules, as it may give you some fresh ideas. I have never seen a forum board be so strict.

http://www.revscene.net/forums/index.php?s=