4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:23 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:18 pm 
CSM Junkie

Holy Shit! Im Actually going!!
So this is crazy, im all the way over in northwest Oregon but it turns out the wife's parents are having their 50th wedding anniversary in Ohio
so we have to go visit for the party right? (Shes from Ohio, Ive never been).

Well guess what? we have tickets to fly to Dayton OH and stay the 18th through the 27th.
Then I saw the dates posted for the 2017 shootout, the 18th-20th.
And i thought holy shit, i could rent a car drive to the shootout for the weekend and then
drive back to Dayton when the wife and kid arrive and we go to the anniversary party.

So that being said I'm super excited to go to this event i never thought id be able to go to.
i cant wait to see all the cars I've watched and read about over the years on 4g61t.org and facebook.
i would really love to meet as many members and enthusiasts as well, put faces to names, make new friends etc. so who else is going?

Keane

Last edited by Keane on Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:37 am 

rent a hellcat and run it lol.. u lucky bastard hehehe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:09 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

I'll be there in my Colt for the car show on Friday. No real plans for Sat/Sun yet, just playing it by ear.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:19 am 
CSM Junkie

I will be there in my VR4, along with 2 of my son's and their VR4's. Look for the 6'8" guy with two younger versions of him @ 6'5" and 6'3". That will be us!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:22 pm 
Some call me a god

I'll be there in the Expo.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:32 am 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
rent a hellcat and run it lol.. u lucky bastard hehehe
ha that would be great, but im getting the econo can of course.
maybe it will be a mitsu mirage though and then i could actually run it lol.

Quote:
I'll be there in my Colt for the car show on Friday. No real plans for Sat/Sun yet, just playing it by ear.
awesome ill be looking out for you. you have the red hatch with black nissan bumper right. ive been watching the latest preogress
its pretty awesome
Quote:
I will be there in my VR4, along with 2 of my son's and their VR4's. Look for the 6'8" guy with two younger versions of him @ 6'5" and 6'3". That will be us!!!
i remember you have the credit for the awesome eclipse 3g auto shifter ingenuity,look forward to meeting you,
ill look out for team vr4 with their helmets poking out the sunroof :lol:
Quote:
I'll be there in the Expo.
all i have to say about this ^ :supz:

Keane

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:30 pm 
CSM Junkie

Almost time to head out! Who else from around here is going to be there?

Keane

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:02 am 
CSM Junkie

So, looking for an update!!! Are you the guy that arrived in Dayton and found that your License was expired, Uber/cabbed to the shootout and got a ride from Jafro from Wakeman to the track?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:35 pm 
CSM Junkie

Yep I sure am, it was quite a weekend for me. It had a few low points where I felt like my trip was ruined.

(So for those reading who don't know the story I flew from the West coast of Oregon to dayton Ohio and planned to rent a car but on arrival I learned my drivers license had expired on my birthday so no one would rent a car to me. I even had one reserved and everything.) the rental car was going to be my home base and saviour if things didn't go well. I was planning to camp in the campground behind motel 6 or at the track so I had camp gear with me but no way of getting around to the track, an atm machine, groceries, food toiletries etc, all things I depended on having a car for. I panicked at first, I was like Shit this is what homeless would be like lol.

So there I was Arriving at the airport in dayton Ohio. Thousands invested in the trip and to find out I was carless and not knowing a soul anywhere on this side of the country.

I ended up having a great time which just proves how awesome This group of people are. I'm usually pretty shy and not the type of guy who has to ask for help but I was definetely a bit stranded.

First off I met Brian and Matt Michaud who were friendly and up for chatting. I then noticed the red summit van since I have one myself back home. I met Adam Lentz the owner and we talked for quite a while. I told him my whole story and he wasn't going to the track that evening but he took me around and helped me find a ride.
Buschers place was pretty empty by then and one of the only guys around was Jafro from the Jafromobile YouTube videos. Adam introduced me and also asked if he could give me a ride.

That worked out great jafro was a super friendly guy and happy to have my company. We ended cruising around in his infamous Hyundai for a while before making our way back to the track. That thing is sweet, instant boost and a tire spinner lol. So yeah from arriving and wanting to break down and cry on the airport floor to cruising around with an inner circle celebrity it couldn't have worked out better :supz:

I caught up with Joey Santiago who I'd never met but was an associate in 4g61 and the fb. (we had bought and sold a few parts over time). He is an absolute solid dude and gave me rides to and from the track and dinner at casa fiesta. Not to mention inviting me to hang out all day at the track with his two buddies Matt and Billy. It was just like hanging with my closest high school buddies, talking cars and hot girls lol. I really can't tell you how much that made my weekend.

So all in all my plans got fruit and banana and it could have been a disaster but the experience forced me to branch out and socialize. which in turn resulted in more fun and forging new relationships with a bunch of great people.
Thanks you all!! And maybe I'll see ya again sometime.

Keane

Last edited by Keane on Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:10 pm 
CSM Junkie

I am Glad it worked out!! I helped build Adams Van (for the Previous owner) and we had a 3 GVR4 and Wagon caravan from Indianapolis. He told us the story and I couldn't believe your luck. Glad it worked out!! Now, go get you license renewed.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:17 pm 
CSM Junkie

Yeah I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you, and others too, Charles Briggs reached out as well but never got a chance to meet.

And yes I will be renewing my license asap when I get home lol. It's simply a current address check, an updated picture, and of course money. Its every 8 years for us so you could see how I didn't see it coming, they don't send out a reminder or anything.

Keane

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:43 am 
CSM Junkie

wow. great story.