4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:04 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:20 pm 
CSM Dik

I'm moving to Tucson from Canton,OH hopefully when my g/f leaves on June 10th,if not then shortly thereafter. What is the scene like? Decent jobs,economy? Do you really need a/c in your vehicle lol Stupid questions,I know,but I'm just looking for input from some of the members that currently live there. I've always lived in small towns,before I lived in Canton,and it's not really that big. My g/f lived in Phoenix before she moved here,6yrs ago. So,I do have so idea of how things are there,but I'm looking for a guy's point of view.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:43 pm 
The Silent Administrator

AC = yes, you need it. Arizona is a desert. :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:17 am 

I would say its a decent sized place here... I live about central and it takes me 35 min to drive 15 miles to south end of town to work...

City 195.1 sq mi
Population (2012)
• City 532,099
• Density 2,793.6/sq mi (1,078.8/km2)
• Urban 720,425
• Metro 1,020,200

got that from here ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tucson,_Arizona

as for a/c. I moved here in 98. drove a old 66 ford pickup truck with no ac..in 03 got my first dsm..a 90 talon..a/c didnt work so it was one of the first things I pulled off.. in 97 got my colt..again no ac..

I personally HATE!!! the cold.. so that's why I moved here.. yes it hits 105-108 in the summer but I can deal with that better than freezing my arse off lol..

it all depends where u live and work.. if you can take the freeway or major road thru town (40 + mph roads) just roll down windows .. if you can only get to work on slower roads (35 ish) it might get a little warm inside the car.

not sure what type of scene your looking for.. a bunch of us hang out at in n out on sat nights for a few hours then some go out and race.. or we move to a diff spot... lot of honda kids here just like any other town lol.. but we do have alot of subbies and evos also.. theres also other groups like mazda guys..vw guys and muscle car guys that also hang out also.

there's 4 or 5 colts here in town but none come out (and mine is dead till mid june. broke a t-belt 2 weeks ago)..

main thing about Tucson is.. it is rated between 3-10 (changes year to year) as the most accidents in the us..lots of stupid ass drivers (they like to go from 1 far lane to other far lane to turn.. right in front of you with no hesitation lol)specially in the winter when the elderly come from other states cause its warmer here... but as long as you are a good offensive and defensive driver and are always watching what is going on around you..you should be fine..

if you have any other questions you can pm me.. moidsm1 and dsmless both also live here with swapped colts/excell

Steve

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:46 pm 
Now Drives a hybrid :(

Phoenix has a lot of jobs though. :D DSM scene here sux though.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:42 am 

Quote:
Phoenix has a lot of jobs though. :D DSM scene here sux though.

exactly..which is why we are on a mirage colt forum :butthead: :prayer: :supz:

Steve

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:35 pm 
CSM Dik

I hate the cold too,and that's one good reason to leave this area behind. Jobs aren't so great here either,I've worked for 3 or 4 places that in under 10 years time have closed their doors.

From what I've been reading it seems like a decent area,I'm getting excited to be having an adventure...sucks I have to sell my GSX to fund it but I'll still have my Colt,and my DD Cavalier(ick)!

Any decent salvage yards around? It's nice to find the little things you need locally,and used for that matter. CSM's are rare at the Pull-A-Parts around here(even though I managed to score a mint dash/interior a few days ago... :))

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:41 pm 

Quote:
I hate the cold too,and that's one good reason to leave this area behind. Jobs aren't so great here either,I've worked for 3 or 4 places that in under 10 years time have closed their doors.

From what I've been reading it seems like a decent area,I'm getting excited to be having an adventure...sucks I have to sell my GSX to fund it but I'll still have my Colt,and my DD Cavalier(ick)!

Any decent salvage yards around? It's nice to find the little things you need locally,and used for that matter. CSM's are rare at the Pull-A-Parts around here(even though I managed to score a mint dash/interior a few days ago... :))
lots of yards here and up in phx.. not may csm's here tho.. lots of dsm stuff but in spurts. tons of 2g crap tho lol. when u move do you already have a place lined up? if not might be worth a shot to start looking around some. I know some of the reality places can tell you if they will have any upcoming places but im not sure if they charge anything for there services. but something to look into..

Steve

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:16 am 
Now Drives a hybrid :(

Yea theres like 2 miles of junkyards on boadway rd in phoenix
just put "broadway rd and 19th ave, phoenix az" in google maps and scroll left to 35th avenue, to see all of the rust free pickaparts :)

And thats just around 1/4 of the junkyards in the valley. To visit them all, you'll probably go broke 2 dollars at a time 8)

Also most of them are on the parts runner network, if you don't feel like waiting in the heat go to one of the non-pick aparts and they will put out a APB on the part you may need. Of course you will pay out the nose for it, but will save you time! And they pull the part for you.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:04 pm 
CSM Dik

Well I'm getting ready to make the drive to Tucson,I finish up work on the 28th and then should be there by the following weekend. Sold my Colt to a local,and am keeping my Eclipse at my parents until I can have it shipped out. Def want to get another CSM after I get settled in,maybe next summer. I do love my Eclipse,the body needs some attention(rust),but there was just something about that little rocket I totally loved! Anyway,can't wait to get out of the rust belt and into the desert even though I'll be in my Crapalier and not a CSM/DSM haha

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:22 am 

if interested and he hasnt gotten rid of it yet I can get u a 01 i think excell thats allrdy been swapped.. he pulled the motor after the trans went out. pretty sure he has clean title and car basicaly just needs motor and trans to run again.. i think he only wants like 200 for the shell..

if interested lmk and I can check to see if he still has it.

this is the actuall car from the guy who swapped it.. he sold it to the guy who has it now.

http://www.4g61t.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=33298

Steve

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:54 am 
CSM Junkie

hey at least you dont have to worry about salt no more! lucky guy... lol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:39 pm 
CSM Dik

@ Steve I won't have any extra funds for a bit,$200 for the shell sounds like a good deal though! If I could pick up a motor and tranny on the cheap that would be sweet lol.

@king I'm psyched to be gettting out of the rust belt!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:17 am 

Quote:
I'm psyched to be gettting out of the rust belt!

I can imagine. I actually cringe when I see some of those cars from underneath.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:33 pm 

Congrads on the move. I'm located between Phoenix and Tucson. Pretty much everything is on point with the description of both areas. My location is by far the worst part of the state. Pretty much a dust bowl (basin location). As for the scene here it's almost non-existent with the exeption of the occational Evo/Sube. No CSM's besides me here. No one even know what it is till the see the back filler panel. :lol: I do as well suggest MAD caution when the snowbirds (retired elderly) come to town. Horrid driving skills.... :evil:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:21 pm 
CSM Dik

Quote:
Quote:
I'm psyched to be gettting out of the rust belt!

I can imagine. I actually cringe when I see some of those cars from underneath.
My Eclipse isn't as bad as some,mainly the quarter panels started to get cancer. Hope I can get it out there soon.

@XZOST89 Ugh I heard too much already about the elderly drivers :lol: