4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:11 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 3:49 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Original Email

dear shawn, thank you for your very interesting email , i thought the whole world was into eclipse and evo 7 but there are some real diehard colt drivers outside, whe are whiling to help and ship , colt and lancer are our hobby i have an idea , when your interested , there are some lancer c50,s lancer over here with the original 4wd system the are picked.up mostly for little money is that what you are looking for??? , whe made the swap from colt 1800 gti to 4g63 ourselves with a vr4 engine so whe now the beast i have in stock a used 1800 gti, front bumper with some work on it, but i can deliver them new from the factory if you like so if you interested let me here about it , your most welkom to reply

Regards,

Marcel van Dale

Coltco
Kerkstraat 4
7271 BC Borculo
The Netherlands

E-mail: marcel@coltco.nl
Web-site: www.coltco.nl

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Shawn Walker [mailto:shawn.walker@rogers.com]
Verzonden: vrijdag 4 april 2003 2:52
Aan: marcel@coltco.nl
Onderwerp: AWD From Colt Cyborg

Hello Marcel,

My name is Shawn, I'm from Canada. The model most of us got over here was the C50 with the 4g15 engine. It is common to see us swapping in 4G63 turbo engines which we find in Mitsubishi Eclipse's. Anyways.. We get our colt's up to speed that way but have no AWD system. After looking at Japan CAPS (Parts software) and looking at the eclipse's AWD system it looks like they might be able to be made to worth together. Problem is the mitsubishi eclipse's use a 5 bolt wheel setup and it's hard to find a colt with rear disc brakes (only 1500 were brought here from overseas equipped with the 4g61t and disc brakes, they didn't even come with an intercooler)
I am just asking for any help you may be able to offer if you guys are fimilar with these cars. Any pictures/diagrams or anything else related to the All Wheel Drive system would be much appreciated. I'm not sure if you guys will be willing to ship overseas or not (we would probably make up a group buy of some sort) if so we will have more interests in purchasing parts! Colt's are a rare car over here espiecally when it comes to trying to beef them up. A collection of most of the info known to us can be found at www.4g61t.com

Looking forward to your reply

Thanks

Shawn

these guys have a website.. www.coltco.nl ....hopefully something good will come out of this! I know shipping will be a bitch for that.. it would probably be cheaper to fly over yourslef and bring the parts back as luggage instead of paying the shipping costs.. I'm going to look more into this any mabey I'll take a vacation

any thoughts? I know the tailights wouldn't be to bad to ship.. we already got the front bumper (thanks TOM!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 8:24 pm 
CSM Expert

Sounds cool to me.