4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:52 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject: Re: TurboShawn Fund
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:53 pm 
Some call me a god

I can't afford much, but i've sent through what I could!
Shawn, get well soon bro!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:14 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Sorry to hear man. You probably already know this, but the American Cancer Society has some really good resources and they can try to help with financial assistance in many different areas, not just the cost of the actual cancer treatment. Another really good source is NCI, National Cancer Institute.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:20 am 
Now Drives a hybrid :(

Quote:
I can't afford much, but i've sent through what I could!
Shawn, get well soon bro!
Thanks man!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:40 pm 

Done,
Turboshawn, you sent me one part for free last year and I remember that. You are a great man! Good luck my friend.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:46 pm 

I lost my Father to a brain tumor, some bad stuff there. Glad to help, I'll keep him in my prayers.

89 Plymouth Colt GT
90 Talon TSI AWD
94 Montero

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:55 pm 

Shawn man, you've been my buddy for years. You always were REALLY fair to me and always helped me out in my time of need. I will send some money Friday or Saturday to help you out. I fought and beat cancer but nothing like what you're going through right now buddy. I honestly had no idea. My phone is destroyed for the most part and I don't see you here that often. I really miss you buddy and reading this just made me shed a tear man. I've been deemed to not be able to work either due to problems I'm having with my body right now as well so I know how it feels. But it doesn't hold a candle to your situation. God has been good to me buddy in so many different ways and as long as you believe in him and you walk in the path of rightousness he will stay by you. He will hold your hand and keep you from harm. Those words comforted me in my times of dire straights, maybe they will you too. You're a good person Shawn and you've helped alot of people and been good to many members here. We will all help as much as we can. I am due to have surgery soon because right now I'm living addicted to perscription pain medication and it's destroying my life as well as my marriage. I'm going to keep you in my mind and my prayers as well as my family's.
To Shawn with love, Robert, Sarah, and Conner Keeton.

Caleb 3/17/12 8 lbs 15 ozs 20 inches

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:19 pm 
2nd Banana

I still plan to contribute at some point, but I recently moved and I'm in assloads of debt at the moment. Once that clears up I will throw down some cash for sure.

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:16 pm 

Sent my support. Good luck.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:43 pm 

Awesome thanks to everyone who has given so far. It isn't just for the holidays, and I'm not asking you to dig into your family or even your CSM funds. Give what you can, when you can, if you can, if you want. Shawn still is juggling bills, job(when he's well enough to work), and this disease. I'm giving everything you guys send to me directly to Shawn, so none of it's wasted. I'm also helping him out with food/ a ride when I can. He is also a month behind on rent, but his landlady is helping a little.

BTW if you send it through Paypal send it as a "Gift" so the fee's are waived.

Update: Shawns tumor is inoperable by traditional means. today or tomorrow he will be receiving his answer on mediCal(state insurance). Also there is a company in SD that can operate on him with a laser. but they don't take MediCal, and require a 40,000 deposit. Shawns going to see if they are willing to do pro-bono or if he can trade electrical work for it. We might even take the CHEMO/Radiation route as Lipomas respond to that treatment even though Lipomas aren't cancer. CHEMO/Radiation should be covered under MediCal. I'll update you with which route we take and such.

D15 lay off the pain killers.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:49 pm 

235!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:31 pm 

Quote:
I'm trying bud. This is no ordinary pain. I have to have L4, L5, and S1 fused. I tried other options but I have no health insurance either and my charity care is willing to cover it if it's done at the hospital. I can't go through this pain anymore man. I ate a whole bottle of Percocet the other day trying to end it but all I succeeded in was getting really really high and passing out.
Shawn helped me through some really rough times in my life and has always been there for me and I feel helpless. Like I failed a good friend of mine. I didn't even know about this until today. What kind of friend am I? I feel like I'm neglecting a friend in need.
You know over the years I've lost alot of friends and family, all people who meant alot to me. The only thing I have to live for now is my wife and kid and I almost lost them. I shouldn't have lived through what I went through as a teenager but God stuck by me and led me down the right path. I hope and pray that God does the same for my good friend Shawn and his friends and family because I know what they're going through right now. I tried to send him a text message but I don't even know if I have the right phone number anymore.
Dave, you've been a good friend to me too man. Do me a huge favor and tell Shawn that I'm praying deeply for him and that if he needs anything and I can help that I'm here for him. Will you do that for me please? My wife's phone as well as mine will not hold any calls for some reason. Verizon will not tell us why because even they don't know and they're getting compaints out the wazoo. But if you happen to talk to him sometime soon let him know that he's got a friend in PA thinking about him and praying to God that he holds him near and keeps him from harm.
May God bless Shawn Brandt. We're thinking about you here buddy!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:40 am 

I sent the little bit of free money i have right now , I'm newer to the board and can't say i have ever dealt with shawn, but nothing wrong with helping a stranger

Good luck to you man, get better

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:18 am 

Quote:
Quote:
I have to have L4, L5, and S1 fused.
I had this same surgery done back in 2000 when it was semi new(I have 5 plates and 6 3" screws in my back).. the doc was a flake and screwed me up even more..I havent been able to work since..the following year he was banned from practice due to ..to many failed surgerys..and a brain surgery that he killed the guy..(I looked it all up when I found out he couldnt practice anymore)... so be carefull and make sure you have a competent doc..and research his past surgeries.

best of luck when you do have the surgery...

as for shawn.. I sure hope things work out and you can get the medical treatments u need to get better..

prayers are with you both. :prayer:

Steve

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:27 am 
Some call me a god

Shawn always helped me every time I needed it. When something on my car would be worn out from the harsh Alaskan weather, I could always turn to Shawn to find me a gem California piece to replace it with. Usually he wouldn't even take my cash. I recently was let go from work, but found a job bartending somewhere a little under the table. Whenever I finally get paid for 1 month+ worth of work, I hope to send what I can. Best of luck friend, we're all pulling for ya.

James D

94 Talon TSi AWD Auto - Sold
90 Laser RS FWD 4G63T - Hit and totalled

Summer - 2000 Pontiac Fireturkey Trans Am LS1 A4
Winter - 2006 Honda CRV K24 5MT

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:44 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I have to have L4, L5, and S1 fused.
I had this same surgery done back in 2000 when it was semi new(I have 5 plates and 6 3" screws in my back).. the doc was a flake and screwed me up even more..I havent been able to work since..the following year he was banned from practice due to ..to many failed surgerys..and a brain surgery that he killed the guy..(I looked it all up when I found out he couldnt practice anymore)... so be carefull and make sure you have a competent doc..and research his past surgeries.

best of luck when you do have the surgery...

as for shawn.. I sure hope things work out and you can get the medical treatments u need to get better..

prayers are with you both. :prayer:

Steve
This doctor's really good. My Aunt knows him and she's been a RN for over 30 years so I know I can trust the guy. He's been a surgeon in Beaver County for over 25 years. I've heard nothing but good things about him.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next