4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:27 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:09 pm 
Some call me a god

It's not as bad as it sounds really, I'm doing fine. Started 2 weeks back, my brother decided to move his GF and her 2 kids in. While I was warned about a week prior she was probably going to move in, I didn't expect to come home 2 weeks ago to "she can't pay her rent, she's gotta be out by Friday."

He didn't technically kick me out, (or the other roommate), but we both decided that it was best for us to go. Having 4 adults and 2 kids in a 3 bedroom trailer (yup, I'm white trash) was just a little more than I want to be a part of.

Thing that burns me the most is that this is one of those situations that has EXTREMELY BAD written all over it, but he won't listen to me (or anyone else) at all. I could go into full detail, but I'd rather not put it all out there. I'll just say that the GF has a shady past, and the kid's have been through some things that a child should have never been through. He's sticking his neck way out there on this one... and I'm scared its going to end up costing him very badly. My brother, seems fairly upset I don't like his gf,and I'm not really talking to him much about it... but I just have a really bad feeling about this. He just gets mad when I try to talk him logically.

As for me, I'm couch hopping for a while until I decide what I want to do, I may look at the apartment option in a month or so. I've found a nice little ex-garage apartment, that has been converted to full living, and a 2 car detached garage built by it that may just fit nicely as "home". I just don't want to rush into it. I'll be keeping some of my cars in the shop on the land where I was living for now. The truck I will daily.

I guess I'm just here venting now. I'm trying to figure out what direction I want to go. Buy, build, rent... move to another town... who knows. Luckily I have some really nice friends who are letting me crash there places... I guess everything happens for a reason, just trying to figure out what that reason is...

84 GMC K3500
85 Dodge D50 Diesel Swap
90 Mighty Max V6
89 Mirage Turbo
94 Mighty Max
99 Montero

Last edited by Natedog on Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:39 pm 
Some call me a god

Best of luck to you man, hope you get it figured out. I understand your brother wanting to help his GF but he should give consideration to you also.

http://www.4g61t.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18146

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:06 pm 
CSM Junkie

That's shitty, Why do you have car's how do you pay for the insurance and all? maybe sell a car or something?

My sister is like that when i try to speak to her logically and help her she get's angry and attempt's to turn people against me. the worst part is she has a kid and treat's her like a doll, Told the kid to her face i wish i never had you. Messed up shit so now I'm stuck being her uncle, But honestly seems Like they threw me in as more of a father figure.

Idk how long I can handle living at home like this ether. For now I'll let it ride out. But I've been telling her how it is lately and how she is fruit and banana up morally.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:16 pm 
Some call me a god

The money thing isn't a real issue. I make enough to support myself, I was just living with him to help him financially. Only payment i have is the Evo, and it's not bad. I'm just trying to sit back and rethink where I want to live my life. I recently lost my grandpa, and now that he's no longer around I don't feel as "settled" in the area I'm currently in. I've got family trying to get me to move in with them, but in all honesty, I'd rather call on my friends in time of need. I'm thinking of renting a town house with a couple other friends, problem is, not enough space to put all my cars there....

84 GMC K3500
85 Dodge D50 Diesel Swap
90 Mighty Max V6
89 Mirage Turbo
94 Mighty Max
99 Montero

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:42 pm 

Just move to NC, you're already used to rednecks and the humidity. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:16 pm 

Quote:
Just move to NC, you're already used to rednecks and the humidity. :lol:
Look Dad it's the good stuff, none of that pussy Skoal! Son of A bitch... 8)

Caleb 3/17/12 8 lbs 15 ozs 20 inches

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:24 pm 

^ :lol: Don't get me started on lines from Joe Dirt. I watched that shit like 50 times.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:53 am 
Some call me a god

Hey think of it this way nate, at least if people give you shit about living out of your car, you can remind them you have five homes!

But I hope everything works out for you man, life can be pretty shitty sometimes. You just have to remember, your brother is family and there's no undoing that. Even if he doesn't realize it right now with his new female, it's one of the strongest bonds there is. You guys'll need each other in the future, its just lame that he's got a Succubus girlfriend! You could always come work at some of the mines up here, they don't have to worry about room and board and get paid a LOT.

94 Talon TSi AWD Auto - Sold
90 Laser RS FWD 4G63T - Hit and totalled

Summer - 2000 Pontiac Fireturkey Trans Am LS1 A4
Winter - 2006 Honda CRV K24 5MT

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:07 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Food, roof, people. All you really need, then it moves up from there. I don't envy you, or you situation with your brother. It took a divorce and the last year or so, for me to really get to know alot more about my younger brother, his wife and their newborn that popped into the world just after I moved in with them. Fast forward to the present and I moved out into an apartment, almost sold the Colt or at least was seconds away from posting it here and else where some time ago, but life goes on; just pray it gets better for all and keep living YOUR life. The rest comes together in time, as they say. Heck, I wasn't seeing my brother and his wife much when I was still with the ex, because she used to complain about me to the bro's wife, and they hated that because I was the opposite in every way. Well, time will tell how things will end up for you, but you are smart and regardless of how many lawn ornaments we all have, its the people around us that make a world of difference. Well, so I 'm finding out now anyways. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:53 am 
CSM Junkie

buy a small peace of land and build a garage..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:19 am 
Some call me a god

Thanks guys, it is always humbling to hear that others have tough times. Sometimes I guess we all seem to get caught up in our own lives and don't think about the good advice we can get from others. On the plus side, I do have land, but it is shared with my brother... So I'm not sure I want to build there. I've been looking at garage apartments and small houses in my area, things look promising. I've even thought about renting a town house with some local car friends. I'm trying to get the Mirage mobile again before I get really serious about moving all my cars and parts. As Tim more or less put it, things will work out... Just takes time. Thanks guys.

84 GMC K3500
85 Dodge D50 Diesel Swap
90 Mighty Max V6
89 Mirage Turbo
94 Mighty Max
99 Montero

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:48 pm 
Some call me a god

Well guys I figure it is time for me to revisit this...It's been quite some time.

To recap the last year or so... I house jumped from a few friends places for a while, only to end up settling into the 3rd story of my aunt's house. Things have been nice here. However, the time has come, and I'm in the process of cleaning out the house that I grew up in, so it can be torn down, and I can build where it is. It's a huge step for me, but I'm actually not that worried about it. Monthly rent seems to be just throwing my money away. Not that I don't appreciate the place to stay, and its more than fair to pay for such. I think it will feel good to have a place to call my own again.

My brother's GF moved away due to family reasons and that relationship is slowly fizzling away. I'm not wishing heartache on him at all, but he really deserves better... I think he's finally starting to see that too.

On another side note, things are looking up, I've been offered a lateral transfer at work, into a project that may actually have some room for me to grow and be promoted. I think I'm going to take the offer.

I'd like to thank the ones of you that I've vented too over the last year. I truly have met some great people here.

84 GMC K3500
85 Dodge D50 Diesel Swap
90 Mighty Max V6
89 Mirage Turbo
94 Mighty Max
99 Montero

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:25 pm 
Some call me a god

Get it done so I can come hang out!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:09 pm 
The Silent Administrator

:horse: Be Cavalier and go bold. Sounds great that you are building and have room to move at work.

I just bought a house, and it is scary to think that I can somewhat afford it too. Thank you parents for helping out on this one; long story but they made home buying a lot more attractive. I got keys today, so get to building and post when you get your keys! Heck go buy the dead bolt now and show us those keys. 8) :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:42 am 

Glad things are looking up Nate (you too Tim)! Can't wait til you get the place built, I nominate your place for the 1st annual 4g61t.org SE meet. 8)