All times are UTC-05:00

Should I purchase this Legnum VR-4?
Yes 62%  62%  [ 8 ]
No 38%  38%  [ 5 ]
Total votes: 13
 Post subject: Should I Buy It?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 9:37 pm 
BANNED FOR FRAUD

Hey Guys. I just wanted to know what you all thought. Should I buy it or not? As some of you know I've been trying to find a regular 8G Galant VR-4 Type-S with the Recaro Interior. I've come across one from a private seller in the UK but he wanted much more than I was able to pay.

This is a Legnum VR-4, and as you can see it is basically a Galant station wagon...that does 0-60 in just under 6 seconds. It's the basic VR-4 setup with the 2.5L twin-turbo V6, AWD and AWS. It's an automatic without the Recaro interior, but I'll live for now. It'll cost me around $6000. In all I expect to spend around $8000 to buy it, ship it and register it. What do you think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 10:21 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Concerning most things in life, especially the purchase of a vehicle: Don't settle. Regardless of how rare the opportunity may be, you know as soon as you buy it, you'll happen across one that's exactly what you were looking for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 10:27 pm 

its nice, but I'd hold out for the sedan. it looks alot better than the wagon galant in that body. (the Leginum reminds me of the Accord 4dr wagon too much anyway), & get a real man tranny if you plan to boost up. my friend just blew his tranny when he boosted his Lex & kept his push button tranny. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 11:20 pm 

Actually, from what I've heard the Autos have fewer failures than the sticks. Possibly due to the lower numbers of them, but possibly they were just better. But, yeah...don't settle get what you actually want. I'd love to have that wagon. But if you want a sedan, by all means get a sedan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 11:25 pm 
BANNED FOR FRAUD

Well, I don't totally feel like I'm settling. I've always loved wagons. My first car was a white Ford station wagon. Plus this is going to be a serious show car so I plan on having sponsors pay for most if not all of it. You'd be surprised how many companies are willing to drop cash just to have their name on a rare car. Nology recieved well over $15k from various companies like Dragon for those small stickers on their Clio Sport. I'm not Nology sure, but I do have connections. How else do you think I can get this thing registered. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 1:38 am 
4g61t Delinquent

honestly im going against the grain here and going with the wagon.......how often do you see that wagon.....never.....especially in the states yeah you might kick yourself later but this is just my $0.02

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 3:14 am 

i say go for it, the thing looks kick ass, and you'd be the only one in the nation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 5:13 am 
4g61t Delinquent

hey werent you looking for a GVR4 also coz if you are i found in in the Recycler for $4000.....hers the link to the page

http://www.recycler.com/asp/AdDetails.a ... =818&bSQ=0

;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 2:18 pm 
BANNED FOR FRAUD

Well, yes I am looking for a VR-4, but it's the 8th Gen VR-4 Type-S and it looks like this...
With the Recaro interior...

Last edited by dsmracer on Tue Mar 04, 2003 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 2:24 pm 
CSM Junkie

Wow nice car! and rare! well in america....

Importing those thing is not a problem ??

or is it the same frame /chassis as the regular galant ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 2:43 pm 
BANNED FOR FRAUD

It's okay to import them for motorsport purposes, otherwise the DMV will wonder why you brought it here. Legally if you want one for the street here in California you can only have it here for 3 years and it has to serve some sort of business function. After the 3 years is up the DMV begins to harass you with your 3 options. Take it off the street and use it for motorsport only, send it home or worst of all...crush it. That is unless you know the DMV. :D

It is the same frame, but the bulkhead/firewall and a few other bits are different so you'd have tons of fun converting a US spec model to a VR-4. I've thought about it, but Mitsu actually did it themselves a few years back and they had to cut and paste too many parts from the VR-4 chassis. Too much work if you ask me. I'm still looking for the Galant since I'm going to be more peticular. The Legnum is just to tide me over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 2:46 pm 
Why not pull a VIN from the same year galant, and just register it as a galant?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 3:02 pm 
CSM Expert

If you ever got into an accedent with the VINs like that you would be SCREWED years of legalities ahead of you....

What you need is a set of dealer plates they mean whatever car these plates are on is safe etc... I had a set on my car for awhile until I could make the car pass emissions...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:08 pm 

Quote:
If you ever got into an accedent with the VINs like that you would be SCREWED years of legalities ahead of you....

What you need is a set of dealer plates they mean whatever car these plates are on is safe etc... I had a set on my car for awhile until I could make the car pass emissions...
I really don't see how. unless you killed someone, or robbed a bank with the car. I highly doubt detectives are gonna have a forensics team all over the car if you smack it up on a telephone pole, or rear end someone. also, police only run the VINs if they think the car is stolen, even then they only look at the dash tag.

theoretically, I'd pick up the VR4, buy a same color, smacked up USD Galant (part it out), swap the VINs, body panel VIN stickers, & firewall tag. then crush the USD Galant with the JDM VIN on it. theoretically ofcourse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 5:20 pm 
BANNED FOR FRAUD

I had thought about that, but it's alot of work and when you have a loop hole you could just use. If I didn't have any other way then that's what I would do probably. The only problem I've heard is they can usually spot switched VIN plates.