4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:29 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 9:56 am 
The talon digest wasn't that way. Too bad all of the forums popped up and killed it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:32 am 
CSM Junkie

NABR is good, but I do not appreciate the way they ALL think they are better than the rest of us. So what if they have been doing this longer or are trained in this sort of thing, they really don't make it a friendly place to post. Pretty much everyone I know is afraid to post there. Not a conductive environment. I will use it for its resources, I won't deny that, but I will not get on my knees and kiss anyone's butt.

Reading the "First post on the public board" thread almost made me sick to see how many people were lining up to get a set of brown lips.

Hope I don't get banned because of my views :roll: . I lived without NABR, and can continue to do so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 1:09 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Quote:
NABR is good, but I do not appreciate the way they ALL think they are better than the rest of us. So what if they have been doing this longer or are trained in this sort of thing,
Actually, it's a friendly place to post....... It's not that they THINK they're better, They are just better than the MANY people that chose not to RESEARCH their info first, and blindly post a question, OR make claims from DSM folklore, and not punitive data.

Geoff
Mach V

Post subject: Donnie Brasco style...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 2:05 am 

Quote:
You have to KNOW someone on the PRIVATE NABR board to join.
ie: an existing member has to sponsor you.>>>>>>>>>

You WILL be banned and so will the guy that sponsored you.
kinda like the mob. :lol:

I've heard of NABR, they seem to know their S.
here's a 611.9 HP FWD Dyno pull vid of theirs, with the requisite Disturbed theme music. :twisted:
http://www.nx2k.com/misc/smithey-dyno_nabr.wmv

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 3:19 am 
CSM Expert

There are plenty of butt kissers on NABR. Butt kissing is not condoned but when its your butt that is being kissed - I think a few get let off.

Ive been on there for about 3yrs and is probably one of the reasons I come off as a 'hard-ass' sometimes (apart from otherwise being an asshole :wink: ). I refuse to post on any Hyundai forums since they are almost worse than Honda/mainstream DSM boards. :o

If you can read, follow simple and reasonable guidelines you will be fine over there and will pick-up some mighty useful info from the truly fast DSMers. There's no reason to be afraid of posting if you do a little research and aren't demanding to be 'spoon fed'. Oh, and dont piss off RiceFed lest he will close the boards to everyone - again.

Hats off to 4G61t.com and Jason who runs this site as a good example of what a public forum can be without being a hardass - yet...

PS - and thanks be that we had something to replace the Mirage forum on the old SE.DSM.ORG forums!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 2:11 pm 

Quote:
If you can read, follow simple and reasonable guidelines you will be fine over there and will pick-up some mighty useful info from the truly fast DSMers. There's no reason to be afraid of posting if you do a little research and aren't demanding to be 'spoon fed'.
My thoughts exactly......

Geoff
Mach V