4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:12 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 1215 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:31 pm 
The Silent Administrator

I don't have any Mirages past Dec 1988, every car listed after that is Dodge or Plymouth.
Also, the VIN will not input with Win CAPS North America. :(
Any way to contact the guy to 100% get that VIN, that is all I need from a Mirage, I can decode it from there.
Thank you all the same for the update, now it's time for a little sleuthing! 8)

Post subject: Vin Number
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:15 pm 

Model- C53A
Engine- 4G61
Tans Axle- KM210
Color Trim- H84 28T 000

The Seat belt says 1987. The plate by the driver door is missing so????

It is going to be a full FWD race car. The car is in Jamaica. It currently has in an Evolution 3 Engine(2.0 litre), Evo 3 Turbo and Evo 3 RS LSD AWD Gearbox, Evo 3 Ecu(Eprom) that is chipped, HKS Wastegate, HKS BOV, Evo 8 Intercooler, 8 lb flywheel,ACT 2100 Setup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:29 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Based upon the information you provided behind the scenes, your car is a JDM model fresh of a boat from their shores when it arrived in Jamaica. I can now look up JDM part #'s for Mitsu C53a's if this serial # plugs in. :P

Thanks sketzshane!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:00 pm 

Quote:
Based upon the information you provided behind the scenes, your car is a JDM model fresh of a boat from their shores when it arrived in Jamaica. I can now look up JDM part #'s for Mitsu C53a's if this serial # plugs in. :P

Thanks sketzshane!
np... This picture below is my Cyborg!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:42 pm 

Quote:

Thanks sketzshane!
pm sent with the my Ist Cyborg's info. The chassis number on the 1st is the only thing different and it is 6 numbers higher than my 2nd Cyborg. SO I guess they were both made same day or within a week most likely

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:48 am 
The Silent Administrator

That's a fantastic bit of info you've just dropped to me. Thank you VERY much sketz!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:53 pm 
Some call me a god

So...the burning question....when are Sketz and I being added to the list?

I keep checking to see if it gets updated.....doesn't look like it has since late last year. Are you slacking? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:35 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

tim out of the 1500 or so imported to north america how many do you actually have on the list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:54 pm 
Some call me a god

I believe, it's less than 100

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:53 pm 
Negative Nancy

Hey eagle, whats the magic letter in the vin?? My black 89 colt's registration card had plymouth colt gt on it. I have the title and cards in my file cabinet. Just looked at the yesterday, It was a 4g15, black with grey interior, no power anything, but had a 5 speed, a/c and had the red stripe in the middle of the body trim. Im sorry to say it went to the crusher 2 months before i got Nate's White hatch. I do have alot of the interior though and exterior. Stripped it before it was picked up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:24 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Quote:
So...the burning question....when are Sketz and I being added to the list?

I keep checking to see if it gets updated.....doesn't look like it has since late last year. Are you slacking? :D
I have lots more on the listing, I just have to get a good screen shot and update the first thread with a picture link to the archive folders. 8)

I'll give you an exact number in the next sentence. :lol:

79+ entries with complete or incomplete info, but enough to back up that they are turbo cars whether they had the VIN info or not.
17 entries for scrapped/wreckers cars whether still in one piece or not is always the question.
I have 2 entries for JDM Cyborg's from sketzshane in Jamaica and those entries are 6 serial numbers away from one another.
1 entry from ColtXim in France near the Perrenies (spelling), but it was an American personal export to France and inputs in CAPS.
2 entries from MR MAGOO in Puerto Rico but his VIN does not input to North American CAPs, so it must have been an offshore delivery, but was still badged like it was headed to North American shores, but that may be no surprise considering how close Puerto Rico is to America in terms of relations(?).

I have more to add from emails recently received, so the total just went up. I'm surprised I didn't see the questions earlier, but I've got the answers now. So, 1 in ~15 turbo cars is now accounted for I figure.

:w00t:

Last edited by Flying Eagle on Sat May 03, 2008 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:26 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Quote:
Hey eagle, whats the magic letter in the vin?? My black 89 colt's registration card had plymouth colt gt on it. I have the title and cards in my file cabinet. Just looked at the yesterday, It was a 4g15, black with grey interior, no power anything, but had a 5 speed, a/c and had the red stripe in the middle of the body trim. Im sorry to say it went to the crusher 2 months before i got Nate's White hatch. I do have alot of the interior though and exterior. Stripped it before it was picked up.
VIN must have a "z" at spot 8 I believe just like this:
JA3CU54"Z"1KU000000
________^__________

At this point only C53a chassis cars are listed because they are the only turbo charged cars in this series (2000 series) that our site really encompasses. I'm not coming down on the other cars, I'm just trying to show the perspective from which I have taken a shining to preservation of what is left of these little relics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:42 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Here's an interesting quote I think should get aired for public consumption:
Quote:
I will add it to the registry soon . The car came to Jamaica in 1990 straight from Japan. It is RHD not LHD like the US versions. My friend was the first owner and I am owner number 3 but I have no plans of ever selling it. This is my 2nd Cyborg and it was only 5 that came to Jamaica so I guess I am lucky. I am building this into a race car.
sketzshane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:34 am 
Negative Nancy

Quote:
Quote:
VIN must have a "z" at spot 8 I believe just like this:
JA3CU54"Z"1KU000000
________^__________

At this point only C53a chassis cars are listed because they are the only turbo charged cars in this series (2000 series) that our site really encompasses. I'm not coming down on the other cars, I'm just trying to show the perspective from which I have taken a shining to preservation of what is left of these little relics.
Eagle. Here is the vin jp3cu34x4ku049448

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:58 pm 

ok i am new here but i was just checking the vin and the 8th number of it is a z is that good or not.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 1215 Next