4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:37 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:42 pm 
CSM Junkie

Can't view the attachments, nothing to click on. Any idea?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:15 am 
The Silent Administrator

Many in house attachments got a little squirrely a while back but now that we have a gallery back up and running, I should be able to upload there and no issue with long term visibility.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:26 pm 
The Silent Administrator

158 VIN accounted for - with three included that are off continent now.

27 cars listed as crushed/scrappers/off the road and not likely to return.

That is 185/~1500.

If anyone currently owns, sees or finds a turbo C53A Mirage or Colt, don't be shy to get in contact with me.

One entry at a time, the list gets bigger!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:11 pm 
The Silent Administrator

One more VIN added today.

Another possible VIN coming soon before the car gets parted out.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:38 pm 

I believe this is the one you are referring to in the previous post but here is the complete information if the previous owner hasn't already provided it:

VIN:JB3CU54Z1KU013487
BUILD DATE DOOR JAMB PLATE: MAY 1988
FIREWALL CODE: C10AKU013487
FIREWALL PLATE: C53AMNPTL2D
Engine:4g61
Trans:KM210
Color, Trim: X15 04A 016

The car is black and was stripped down for parts. Chassis was too far gone with rust and rot to be saved. Had a 4G61t with Small 16G running E85 at end of life.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:45 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Thanks for that.

Couple last questions:

Federal emissions decals on hood, or California
Also, the 04A O16 <- can that be confirmed again. Very rare to get entries on the Dodge and Plymouth cars with this, and I have an E15 and E16 to compare to so just making sure this is indeed a new entry and not a typo.

Cheers, and much appreciated!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:50 am 

Quote:
Thanks for that.

Couple last questions:

Federal emissions decals on hood, or California
Also, the 04A O16 <- can that be confirmed again. Very rare to get entries on the Dodge and Plymouth cars with this, and I have an E15 and E16 to compare to so just making sure this is indeed a new entry and not a typo.

Cheers, and much appreciated!
016 appears as though it could be C16 upon closer look of my pictures. 04A is not a typo.

Out of curiosity, what do these codes indicate about the vehicle?

Here are all the tags I could find on the car.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:29 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Thanks for the update!

Those letter and number combinations denote your trim level/option code, IE A81, C59, E15. So if you had steel wheels and or a trim level that associated power windows to it, then you could in theory decode how the car should have been optioned from the factory with the exception of any extra equipment that may have been able to be added without changing the option code nor the code indicating that it would have been part of the package. You would have to know how the cars were sold at the time, with Mitsu, Dodge, Plymouth and Eagle to know for sure.

I stockpiled some of those images related to emissions for later use because people are always wanting to know (myself included) about plug gap, emission hose route/scheme, etc etc.

I will update with the C16 option code on your listing.

One last thing to add would be that the car should be Federal emissions equipped as the EGR setup is using strictly vacuum operated off a thermo valve, and no ECU control of an electric solenoid as the California equipped cars would have had, including the resistor setup to match in the 129/130 spots and associated wiring. I will add that detail to your listing also.

I feel productive having added this and three more that were listed only by type and the last serialized digits of their vins, so trying to find the original poster via email and pm for that to move forward faster than trying to play the insert numbers to a vin game ... that almost never works! haha

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:35 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Some trim codes as they are coming up on cars we have listed:

E16
E15
E32
E59
A07
A81
C15
C16
A07
B72
T80
E98
C97
C32

I cannot as of yet vouch for all of these codes being valid as only some were provided with photographic evidence and are seconded or more with many identical entries to further help their validation in at least number/letter form to an actual code, but some could be mis-spelled.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:06 pm 

Here’s mine
1989 Mirage Turbo Hatchback
Vehicle Color: Red
Build date: Oct 1988

Model: C53AMNPTL2M
Engine: 4G61
Trans Axle: KM210
Color Trim Opt.: R52

I actually have the original window sticker from 1989. Whoever bought this car knew what it was and laminated it.

Car is basically stock but has a 3” turboback exhaust with 2 - 2” mufflers (one below corner of the bumper)

Current condition: car has been sitting for about 6 months due to an undiagnosed vacuum leak/no boost. Last time I tried to start it the battery had gone bad and I haven’t had the extra cash to buy a new one due to replacing my furnace. I do plan to get the car into my garage ASAP and get it working again but it will take some time.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:21 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Thanks for the update Micah.

I sent a PM to recheck the VIN.

Oct 1988 puts you in around the VIN window of current offerings either in between what I have listed or on either side before or after what is listed, at VIN serial numbers ~06543X and 076832X.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:24 am 

My friend brought up an interesting topic this morning. Does anyone know the statistic that shows how many turbo CSMs vs NONturbo ones were sold in 1989? That would be interesting to know i think.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:12 am 
The Silent Administrator

You would have to ask Mitsubishi Motor Cars Japan for that information, as they were supplying cars to Chrysler Corp under the captive import scenario. Chrylser Corp may also have information in this regard, as they were the importer. Now, if and when Eagle came into the mix, I cannot tell you, but they affected vehicle sales, not turbo mind you, but sales none the less. Eagle may have only produced cars through Normal Illinois though? Would have to see when they were produced, because it could have been either before, or after the split point at which, production of certain platforms of US/CAN cars moved to Illinois.

All that said, there are people at the DMV, that could maybe tell people more statistical information about certain brands sold or currently in their system based upon name plate information, but it gets you into murky waters when it isn't the manufacturer specifically .... and the debate could go back and forth a bit. Either way, there may be sales figures online. There is a Japanese car site that listed the total production numbers for all Mitsu cars in this era and more, I once had it catalogued and even made a spreadsheet version of it related to our cars and their production totals worldwide, but the file went bad in the database and at home. I'll see if I can find it again. I swear they also listed all the names of the colors for our cars including those in overseas markets! Don't hold your breathe, but it's all out there somewhere. paper trails .......

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15