4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:24 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:07 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Quote:
I'm 17, and probably going to be shipped off to die in a 3rd world country after Bush invades Iran. My cousin died in Iraq already, but he went over there by choice...
I am sorry about your cousin. I hope your shipping to Iraq/Iran stays just your nightmare.
We in Croatia had a war in our backyards recently, so i know how you feel. Hopefully, i haven't lost anybody, but i know lots of people who have.

Hehe, if they ship you off, you can always run away, i'll find a room for you. :)

And I'm sorry about your president. In my opinion, Clinton was the best president you had. After all, he and Al Gore are responsible for widespread use of internet, they made it something more than just military/scientific project. That's just my 2 cents..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:35 am 
CSM Expert

well i suppose it was a good thing, not being a masterdebater. cause then at least we all know he was gettin some.... i know, lame, but i just woke up.

also...

it's called globalization, get used to it cause it's the future. we're outsourcing jobs because it's cheaper for companies and we can't work 24 hours a day. when we go home at night, people halfway across the world are getting up to continue what we started. but it's a 2-way street. the u.s. is getting companies across the world coming here to do business because THEY can't work 24 hours a day. the only thing holding back the sucess of globalization is that the countries that are halfway around the world are actually quite poor. as soon as all the money our companies are pumping into their economys brings them up to a level playing field, they will be able to invest more in us. this is following the whole "can't we all just get along" approach, which COULD work, we just need to give it time. think of it as investing not in our future alone, but the future of the entire world (which includes us).

Last edited by netninja2001 on Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:37 am 
CSM Expert

yes, i'll give clinton and gore that... ever since gore invented the internet, there has been widespread development of it with incentives to telecom companies to get everyone online, faster, and (through more subscribers) cheaper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:02 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
yes, i'll give clinton and gore that... ever since gore invented the internet, there has been widespread development of it with incentives to telecom companies to get everyone online, faster, and (through more subscribers) cheaper.

I hope that you are joking :-p

http://www.darpa.mil/

Maybe you've heard of them... ya know the real inventors of the internet :-D

I heard they ride mooses to work instead of driving cars. (About Canadians.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:08 pm 
Quote:
as soon as all the money our companies are pumping into their economys brings them up to a level playing field, they will be able to invest more in us.
Yeah that would be great if it were going to happen like that.

Our economy is going to come down as theirs goes up. The new playing field will be somewhere in the middle, not where we currently are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:09 pm 
CSM Expert

HAHAHA, yes i know, i've had countless computer science classes and have learned ALL about the history of the internet and how gore invented it. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:11 pm 
CSM Expert

our economy won't go down, it just will not grow as fast due to most of the growth money going towards investing in those contries. after we have invested in them, we will all be able to reap the rewards. ALL of us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:51 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
BUSH WINS!!
Ah shit. How could America be dumb enough to vote him in again! :-S

Better the devil you know, eh?

http://www.jibjab.com/play.asp?contentid=162 << you'll like this one I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:54 pm 
CSM Expert

Here's my take on the new old situation.

If I don't get drafted as a soldier for the Iraqi war in the next 4 years, I'll be a happy man. Bush said there would not be, but he is a politician and therefore I take his words with an automatic grain of salt. I'm not saying that to be unpatriotic, but I have heard very few convincing arguments as to why we're really there.

As far as the econmy goes... I have concerns. We are no longer a self-sustaining nation, we are not as independent as a lot of us think we are. We are losing our stronghold as an industrial superpower and passing that torch on to Asian economies, namely China. (Even Chevrolet, the "American Revolution," sells the Aveo, a rebadged Daewoo, and is installing Chinese-made engines in the Equinox!) The entire bottom rung of out economic ladder is being cut out. We are consuming more than ever but producing less and less. Not a good position to be in. The trade deficit is more like a hemorrhage.

To be more succint, I am concerned that if or when the need arises for massive amounts of industry, ie: a "true" world war, we will be ill-prepared and unable to defend ourselves because of all of the lost jobs and closed factories. I am concerned that unskilled labor jobs will become more and more scarce, and inherently there will be many who cannot even get a foothold on their way to a better life. I am concerned that the standard of living in other countries (again, namely China) will rise quickly, bringing the cost of manufacturing up to a price no longer competitive, and we will not be able to recover due to all of the jobs lost on the downswing.

I had a "bar discussion" tonight after work. It was mentioned that part of Bush's reelection was the religious aspect; that he admitted to being a spiritual man, which some interpret as a "man with morals." I admire the man for having such strong beliefs, I respect him for it and after Clinton it was a welcome change. But if the next 4 years go as the last 4 have, I must question if he is the right man for the job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:57 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Hehe, if they ship you off, you can always run away, i'll find a room for you

yeah then when they find you they will shoot you on site for treason or something

1990 Chevrolet Corvette L98
1996 GMC Suburban 454
1999 Volvo S70 AWD L.P.T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:20 am 
CSM Junkie

i dont like bush and i like kerry less, but i would rather have a man who knows what he wants and how to get it than a man who dosent even know what he wants to begin with!

1996 GMC Suburban 454
1999 Volvo S70 AWD L.P.T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:31 am 
CSM Expert

here here! all those in favor of nominating kjmerkel69 for the next election say "ey"!!! lol, well articulated

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:41 am 
CSM Expert

Quote:
here here! all those in favor of nominating kjmerkel69 for the next election say "ey"!!! lol, well articulated
I'm seriously thinking about it. Problem is, I'm neither Republican or Democrat and I don't have deep pockets.

However, I do have 12 years to remedy the funding problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:39 am 
CSM Junkie

at least bush dosent have a "lockbox" :roll:

1996 GMC Suburban 454
1999 Volvo S70 AWD L.P.T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:20 am 

1 pic, a 1000 word's...

94 Elantra TSI 4G63Turbo 13,729@106,494mph spinning all 3 fist gear on street tire(parting out)
Mitsubishi Lancer SEi sedan 4 doors
http://quebec.dsm.org

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next