4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:31 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

How did you learn about turbo mirages and colts?
Was beaten by one 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Was beaten by one several times 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Had a friend who enlightened you 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
Was given one. <--- you b4stard 22%  22%  [ 6 ]
Just happened to notice one day 41%  41%  [ 11 ]
You were that nerdy kid in highschool that everyone made fun of because you had a 4g15 mirage/colt, and jenny jones doesn't have "look at me now" for your kind 19%  19%  [ 5 ]
Total votes: 27
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:28 am 
CSM Expert

My parents once bought a Colt for my mom. Mainly to get to work and as a grocery getter. That's how it all got started. One day, when I was looking for a car for almost a year or something, I saw that white Colt at a dealership and though I'd give it a look or two, remembering how cool our old Colt was.
Well in the end I bought the Colt. :D 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:10 am 

my dad had one back in 1994 n sold it the next year he needed the money :lol:.

but i dident know it was a gsr till my dad looked at my car mag n told me that his engine looked the same as one of the evo 3s. so i was searching what car it would have been and i found out it was a gsr.

so when i terned 17 at the begining of this year there was two cars that i wanted the GSR or a mx6 turbo but my dad dident want me to get a turbo so i got the GSR.

69.7KW @ 6000rpm
Genie Header
2.25" Exhaust with 4'' 3A muffler
K&N Airfilter
60mm throttle body

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:34 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Found mine on eBay up in SD and would've got it for $600 if it weren't for dsmracer, who bid it up to $1000 just because he couldn't bear to see it go for so cheap. You're an @sshole, haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:25 am 

I had no clue about the lil 4g61t. I happend to find an ad in the local paper for one in 2001. Did a bit of research on the internet and found out what they really are. Went and took a look at it. Called back the next day, made an offer, they accepted. I drove it home.

Member #1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:30 pm 
CSM Expert

Well back in 1991 my mom bought her plymouth colt over a honduh civic because the dealer was being a d!ck. Well i never thought anything of this car even though my mom would always say it was "peppy". When i turned 16 she let me use the car for school and work and that's when i got bit by the speed bug. I wanted to find out what i could do to make this thing faster. I eventually found the old mirage forum and saw something about a 4g63t swap into a 3g and someone had posted the 4g61t site as well. After that it's all history, i got the motor, i got everything to swap it, now i just gotta make sure it runs and have enough free time for the swap :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:47 pm 
BANNED FOR FRAUD

Quote:
Found mine on eBay up in SD and would've got it for $600 if it weren't for dsmracer, who bid it up to $1000 just because he couldn't bear to see it go for so cheap. You're an @sshole, haha.
Bwaaaahahaha! I forgot about that. Deal wit it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:46 pm 

My dad bought mine in '86 brand new because he needed somethin to commute with as my grandparents were borrowing his Isuzu I-mark. His buddy worked on the lot and had told him what a kick @ss little car it was. I remember the first night he brought it home, I was 6 and my brother was 4 and we hopped in it and sat in the back seat (little did i know what would take place in that back seat later on in life, hehe). I always thought that it was a cool car and started askin him if I could have it when i got my license. He'd always say no because he thought I'd get too many tickets in it. Probably had about 30k when he swapped that for the I-mark because deisel was cheaper, and about 60k when I got it from my grandparents. It had been sitting in their garage for 6+ years and had to swap out the gas tank cause it was all rotted out. So 11 years after my dad bought it it was mine. Ummmm, The End.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:51 pm 

my friends sister had one got hit in the drivers side and parked at thier house. i blew up my camaro v-sux so i offered them 600 for the mirage and they accepted and i have been boosting ever since.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:55 pm 

Quote:
Bwaaaahahaha! I forgot about that. Deal wit it.
:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:21 pm 

my dad bought mine new off the lot. when i moved to denver (from nc) I suckered him to trade me the mirage for my '91 supra. the mirage breaks all the time, but every time i drive it i have no choice but to love it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:05 pm 
Restricted Newbie

I've bought my first colt just after my truck transmission broke (Ford F100 77) at the beginnig of 2000.
It was a blue 90 eagle vista (C10) 4-doors 4g15. I had the car for 4 years, most of my university time. The car receive 3 engines in total (I didn't check the oil too often). At the end, it was all rusted, the shock passed throught the inner fender at the back, there was holes in the floor and the b-pillar was broken on the passager side. It went to the scapyard.
Now I have a black 89 eagle vista (also C10) hatchback g32bt. The car is from an uncle. I've got it for really cheap. I'm now in the process of rebuilding the engine (bad pistons). I can't wait to see it run.

Martin :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:48 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

My mother bought a brand new '89 Colt E when I was twelve and I feel in love then, she gave it to me when I was 16 and I drove the wheels off of it for a year when I was driving past a dealer and saw a '89 Colt GT...It blew my mind away and I had to have it. A salesman (whom I later found out was actually the owner of the lot and original owner of the car) asked if I wanted to take it for the day. :o :o I thought it was a joke then he returned with a temp plate and a fuel voucher and said the dealer closes at 8:00, keep it under 120 mph and sunny side up. Have fun. He sold it to me the next day for the low price of $3,600. It was Dec. 19th 1994 and the car was in perfect condition with 54,000 miles on it. It would later be crushed after it was hit by a drunk driver :( . Now I own another CSM after a two year search and I paid the same amount in 2003 that I paid in 1994. Guy knew what he had and it was in perfect condition.

SOLD to the fastest shifting hermaphrodite in CO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:35 pm 

Has anyone ever seen the tv show "Initial D"? Well... I liken my experience to that. In the show a hapless hero ignorant of anything mechanical is recruited by his father to help with the family business by making tofu deliveries in his father's old 1986 sprinter trueno (aka a "hachi-roku")... the drift car of choice in japan. Here it was an 83-86 corolla gts. Well... his father is very quiet and mysterious and unbeknownst to our hero, his father is a famous street drifter back in the day. Nowadays he's just a quiet tofu shop owner.

Anywho back to my point... my stepdad was supposedly an old school street racer back in the Philippines. Being one of the youngest in a house with 6 daughters and 7 sons (i believe?) it was almost like his brothers ruled the town (much like a gang). He was supposedly the crazy motorcycle driving, street racing, etc... son. Nowadays he's just quiet keeps to his own and such. He bought the car a while ago from a friend of his and gave the car to me when I turned 18. At first, I just thought it was a timid little car... and thought that he felt the same way. Now that I see its potential, and I see that he sees that I see its potential. I know that he had much more in mind for that car. When I tell him about what I'm doing with the car he just replies with "Pshh... I've already graduated from that..." and walks away :-? weird fella.

Post subject: '89 Mirage T
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:30 pm 

In '89 I went to a local dealer looking at an Eclipse. They also had a Mirage T. The practical side of me liked the Mirage better, besides HKS said in their ads that staged upgrades were coming soon. I thought at least there would be an IC and an exhaust. Now we know they reniged on that promise. I ended up buying one at another dealer because it had AC. I figured an AC installation at the first dealer was chancy. Anyway it's been 15 years of pouring money in my car, many times wasted money.
My curiosity wonders how many of you bought their '89 C/M new.