4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:26 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

my friend had the translator on his 95 talon..he got rid of it and went back to a vpc/afc setup..apparently no one around my area knows how to tune it, and with his 60-1 and his 272s he just couldnt get the car to run right...ive seen it work with my own eyes and what not, so the translator does work, but it makes itself known after the boost comes on..part throttle driving was crap on my friends car, but as soon as he floored it and it boosted it cleaned up and it was haulin ass..better than any 2g maf could do...

85.5 Porsche 944, Gaurds Red, 70K original miles

"I'm Rick James, bitch."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:45 am 

Im interested in knowing if the Maf translator would work on a g32b and if so what MAF would I want to go with. 3" seems a bit excessive for my wee little motor. One of the only reasons im considering it is to run a blow through setup so i can use BOV without the negative effects, as well as more room to make a cold air intake setup. btw i already own an AFC so have that option as well.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? (by the time im done playing with the g32b i would be better off getting a talon motor lol)

Ask anyone who has read it... Amazon has it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:47 pm 

the MAF translator is not running that great on my car either. Dont know if it is partly because of I'm using the 4g61t ecu. Anyway, I have not been able to make it run "right" thru out the whole powerband.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:03 am 

I have heard on dsmtuners.com that if u run the blow though set up then u must clean the gm mas occasionaly because of small amounts of oil comin from the turbo?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:01 pm 
CSM Junkie

i think your talking about the oil comming from the VALVE cover, not the turbo itself. If thats the case, you can always block off EGR or get catch cans or so on to get rid of the problem

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:42 pm 
Restricted Newbie

I had a maft blow-through setup on my talon and I had trouble getting the a/f ratio right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:19 am 
CSM Junkie

the reasons that you have problems with your afr is because of the static values of temp and baro that are in the meter,
read up on the PRo-m unit that is what I run in all my cars and it has worked very well for me
it is a product that is used by a lot of mustang people
thanks
w

90 GST 10.36 @ 142.49 best mph 147.10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:05 pm 
Some call me a god

If you want to run the GM MAF without actually utilizing its tuning abilities you can always zero it out and burn an eprom chip to compensate for injectors and timing and what not, then just fine tune with an SAFC. Has worked perfectly on the few cars that I have seen with the same setup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:01 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Thanks for the info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:33 pm 
CSM Junkie

I'm using the maf-t in draw thru and have had no problems setting it up. Even with my limited tuning ability the fuel trims are good and knock is almost none existant. I don't have wideband so don't know for sure what a/f ratio is, but with the scanmaster and egt guage, everthing looks okay. Haven't seem comparison to a s-afc with my application(61't with evo3), so don't know which tunes better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:50 am 
Some call me a god

I just got my new UICP together, which is a Tial BOV run before my 3" GM MAF using the 2.02 version of the translator. I set it up for 450cc injectors and 2g MAF since I did run a 2g MAF before the GM MAF, plus the translator plug is a 2g plug, lol. I made sure everything else was zeroed out on the translator and she fired right up and idled prefectly. Lag was reduced and this is with a half ass still rich tune. Response between shifts was even better. Maybe I should attribute it all to the Tial, lol. Na, I love this thing and its worked great on every car that we have run it on, which we all have the same shite around here, gt35r's or SC61s, all of them make damn good power too. Its also nicer to run a cold air intake instead of the junk 2g MAF plus intake pipe. I'll have some pics of the old engine bay here soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:38 pm 
Restricted Newbie

I have a MAF translator and a SAFC and I use both to tune my car. I also have a AEM wideband. Of course the MAFT is good but you can "fine tune" your car with your s-afc and get a better a-f mixture. I can really see the difference on my wideband when i turn the knob for a 5% richer mixture but on my wideband it is too much of a difference and not precise enough for me. Example : wot 12.1 on my wideband, if i turn the knob for 5% richer (1 step) i go to 11.3-11.4 which is too rich. With my s afc i can get it in the good range. It's a bit more trouble but it's worth it. Most people won't see the difference and you can't hear it from your engine but i don't find it so precise that's all. You will certainly not see it on an a-f ratio gauge. You can't trust these things to tune your engine.
It's my opinion and my experience only. My friend has the same set up as mine with it's talon and traps 140mph at 10.6.

15psi...burning 3rd gear all the way....
http://colttsi.monchar.com/