4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:39 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Review on STM
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:58 pm 
Some call me a god

Here is the rundown, this is not meant as a bash, just a review of my experience with them.

I ordered a few small things from them before, had a small snag with shipping cause of a backordered part. I brushed it off and decided to place a fairly big order with them and give them another chance.

So 2 weeks ago today I called them up, ordered ECMlink V3, socketing service, a coupler and flange. Total over $650, might not be much compared to some peoples orders but big for me. I sent my ecu out the same day, priority mail with ins and all that jazz. I asked about how long it should be on turnaround time, was told about 2 weeks. I haven't heard anything from them and was wondering what was up today so I called them. Took a couple tries to get through but finally got to speak to someone. I was told that my ecu was STILL waiting to be socketed and that the guy who does them had been there... Somehow mine was missed. I asked when I should expect it to be shipped out and was told tomorrow or the next day and that I'll get an email with the tracking number when it ships.

Now I'm sort of pissed off about this, 2 weeks have gone by and they had everything in stock as far as I know. The only thing keeping my order from shipping is the socketing. Take what you will from this but I most likely won't be buying from STM again. Neglecting a $650 order isn't something that makes me a repeat customer. I will be going to ExtremePSI for all of my needs from now on.

Post subject: Re: Review on STM
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:54 pm 
Some call me a god

Why didnt you go directly through ECM Tuning? :-k They're super fast with turn around time!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:26 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Why didnt you go directly through ECM Tuning? :-k They're super fast with turn around time!
I was trying to support a more local dsm shop... I have now learned that was pretty stupid.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:04 am 

I am having a similar experience with STM, I ordered some parts and called asking about over night shipping. He kind of brushed me off and said he would have to call me back. I never got a call back and had to call him, still no answer and as far as I know still has not been shipped.

I have always had good luck with Maperformance and I will continue to use them in the future.