4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:27 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: problems with system!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:32 am 

Ok, so i hook up my system. A pioneer 760 watt amp, a credence/solo baric 12. My battery light was coming on, and first it killed my battery like completely, would not even jump start. So we had to bump start it. Even then the lights were real dim and car would not rev unless the lights were off :evil: . So i dunno what caused this and what i can do to fix this dam thing. I am hoping i just killed the battery but im not sure. Oh yeah and i did have the 1.6t battery on my 2.0t swap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 10:01 am 
The Silent Administrator

Check your wiring to the alternator for signs of looseness at the terminals and/or overheating.
Check your battery as this sounds like you toasted it.
Alternator checks are free at some places, you guys have Pep-Boys or something to try this at. If the alternator checks out and you do a resistance test (and it turns out good .5ohms or so) on the wiring from the alternator to the fuse box in the engine bay, then your battery was the only thing at fault and was on it way out the door before any of your new equipment started beating on it. (There are other wires in the chain, like the ones that run (or used to) at the starter bracket (you should still have the positive terminal feeding the starter.

All wiring may need a refresh just as a precaution and for piece of mind later on.

Just to be safe, get a bigger/better battery, maybe upgrade the wiring from your alternator/neg bat-gound or just get a bigger amp rated alternator (just make sure that it is right for your application). I believe there is another thread in this forum that deals with getting your old alternator rewound to pump out more amps at a lower rpm.

This has been IMO so take it as you will, I've tried my best to describe what could be wrong with your system. (Assuming no problems with the stereo system itself!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:22 am 

You may have blown the fusable link between the battery and the alternator.
upgrade the ground and positive wiring,it makes a huge difference.

Team Canada at work
http://www.termpro.com/dbdrag/photos/E6 ... 81P25C.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:39 am 

When you said you killed your battery with your sound system. Were you listening to it at the time it died or did you go inside and the next day you could not start your car. If you were listening to your stereo and it died(car running) i replaced the battery first and if that does not solve it get your alternator check. If you left your car over night and your battery went dead. Check to see if you amp is on when you take your keys out of the ignition. If this is the case than your amp is not wire properly to shut off. Rewire the remote wire to your amp and replace your battery. Once all case fails continue with the troubleshooting the other two guys had mentioned.