4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:39 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Sub enclosure
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:30 pm 

Can some one tell me what the cu ft is for the wheel well in a 91 colt.

I am planning on putting 1 12" in there. If I need to build up from it and raise the bottom of the trunk that is cool. I am trying to keep it as lite as possible. Can you help or do you have any tips?

91 Dodge Colt GL
Soon to be 5 Speed 2.0L Turbo
USMC- WE ARE CORPS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:46 am 

well i have 2 12's in the boot, in a big a$$ enclosure, and it fits fine. cant keep anything else in there though......

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny, Copy Bunny into your signature to help in his quest for worldwide domination!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:20 am 

I know that I can put 2) 12's in there in a huge box but I am not looking to see what I can fit in the trunk. I am trying to find out how much space I have to work with in the spare tire well. I am shooting for lite weight. Thanks

91 Dodge Colt GL
USMC- WE ARE CORPS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:00 pm 

Yeah, I'm looking into the same thing. Got a piece of 3/4 chip board, will use the carpet as a template, cut it to size, and mount the sub in it, firing upward. I plan on lining the enclosure with a dynamat type material, also using it between the wood and metal to prevent any unwanted vibrations. To figure out the capacity I think we will have to make measurements and get out the old geometry books- volume of a cylinder. Just make sure you have enough depth for the sub.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:19 pm 

I know from building boxes in the pas if you can get your hands on some MDF wood it will not flex as much as the partical board. I am planning on lininf the well with fiber glass on top of the dynomat. Let me know how it comes out.

91 Dodge Colt GL
USMC- WE ARE CORPS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:46 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

I've got two 10s, two 6in mids, and two tweeters all in a huge box. It make great sound, built it myself. Its about 2 inches low from the top of the back seat, and about 3 inches short from the hatch. I've got about 3 inches spare on the sides, so i don't have any space. Its well worth it though. I have a friend that put a single 15 in the hole were the spare tire goes and enclosed that. He also used the main back speakers as mids and put tweaters in the cubby. Yeah hes got a weird set up but t kicks ass. Well, I don't know if I answered your question but I hope my box demantions help any :wink: I don't know the specs you asking for but I do know that if you messure from wall to wall and find the center that should give you the radius. I know the Tires that i have on my car are 24-5 and one tire messuring the same wil fit into the compartment so if you want to go big you could put one 24inch speaker in but you'll have to line the walling with dynamat or just go to a local carpet store and ask them for there thinnest carpet underlining. It works almost as good and is hella cheaper. To me cheaper is better when it comes to toys for my car, gives me extra mulla for my engine and such. One more thing you dont want to be drilling onto your car so you'll have to get good solid MDF wood panneling to lay on the floor of your trunk. Another thing is you need to build a vent for it to breath, if you don't your git some shitty sound. I'm rammbeling on so I'll stop, I hope I help. Good luck.

First Car. '75 Toyota Celica GTS- $300
2nd- '89 Dodge Colt GL- $300
3rd- '90 Mitsubishi Mirage- $400
4th- '90 Toyota Pick Up- $500
5th- '93 Mitsubishi Eclipse- $100

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:16 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

To get the cf of the spare tire well:

Pour packing peanuts and fill the area you wish to use as the enclosure,
then take the peanuts out, and put them in a box, that makes it easy to measure at that point.

And the other tip is use fiberglass to make the enclosure, or atleast pour it in to it to stregthen it, then cut mdf to make a top, and fiberglass it to the fiberglas that you poured.

1g ECU, Injectors, Exhaust manifold, 16g evo III Turbo, SMIC, and C Exhaust cam -9*
K&N Air filter, airbox cut up, MSD plug wires, NGKs, Apexi S-AFC II, MAF translator, tubular o2 housing w/ dump tube, Full 3" mandral.

Now I ran out of fuel!!