4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:43 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:50 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

where is the oil pressure sending unit on my 4g15 8v motor? the oil light has been on in my car since i bought it for $200 but it seems to have ok oil pressure... i havent had any problems with any lack of lubrication and the car dosent loose oil or smoke so i'm thinking it's either a bad unit or bad connection... oh well, it's only a 1.5l :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:02 pm 
CSM Expert

Its a pain to get to its on the front of the block sort of behind the exhaust manifold on the alternator side(well thats where it is on my 12v) should see it if you need pics let me know...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:11 pm 

i'm about to go look for it in my work parking lot while i have the chance... i let you know in a few minitues if i cant find it, thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:24 pm 

yep, found it, well.. felt what it is, and the wire is definately frayed, the insluation must have gotten melted off from rubbing on the hot manifold or something so the oil light issue is resolved for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:12 pm 

Yeah I had that problem with my colt before, my motor was running fine, just changed the oil. All of a sudden, bright red oil light comes on... W T F????? I was pissing myself. I had lots of oil up in the valve cover and my oil was right full. So I sat on that for a couple days and the light went out. A week later, boom the light comes back on. WTF?? So I go check the sensor and low and behold... the fruit and banana wire is sitting up against the block :x . So stick the wire back in and no problems since. :lol:

'89 Dodge Colt 100e with many toys of the 200gt