4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:48 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Clunking
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 7:49 pm 
Restricted Newbie

howdy people im a newbie to this forum, ive been searching for 3 days on this site looking for information about my problem, but it seems nobody has even a slightest resemblence to it so here goes.
Whenever i turn left or right while accelerating theres heavy clunking and shuddering coming from both wheels, take my foot off the accelerator while still turning and the clunking and shuddering has gone. I pressumed they were the cv joints so i took it to Mitsubishi and had them replace the cv joints only to find the clunking is still there and its gone worse. Spoke to Mitsubishi about it and they rechecked to the cv joints only to find the problem is somewhere quote "transmission/diff box". They could fix it but the cost would blow out cause they only stock Australian parts.

So my little question is, does anyone know where i could get a transmission/diff manual that is online somewhere? Ive looked at most of the links posted in previous posts and they did help alot about the engine which i have semi little knowledge of, but nothing about the transmission/diff side of it.
any help about the transmisssion/diff side would be much appreciated.

*my engine is a 4G61T stock as a rock

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:46 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

My dad had that in his minivan. Turned out an endlink for the front sway bar had rusted through and the bar was now dangling loose and clunking on the control arm. I'm not saying this IS your problem but it's worth checking all the links and bushings just to see.

(BTW - he fixed it ghetto style and took off the sway bar - the thing now handles like complete turd but hey, it's a minivan. Don't do that, replace the endlinks and the bushings and you'll be set. :P)

- J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:33 pm 
CSM Junkie

Hey there Samo Guy - im from Oz too (Melb) where are you from?

Well I had a similar problem and I thought it was my cv joints too - I got under the car and investigated and found my rear engine mount was torn so my engine was knocking around when I turned... I replaced it with a solid polyurethane mount... This could be another thing to check...

As for parts - the tranny with the 4g61t (if it is a fwd) is a km210 - which I found was also shared with the 91ish model hyundai sonata's with the 2.4L engine. I have transplanted one to my car...

What car do you drive? I though you couldnt road register a import 4g61t - unless you have brought one in under the 15y.o rule from japan?

Ohh and the are links to user manuals on this site - do a search for mitchell on demand - author is beserko - he has all the links on his website...

Email me at onnzo@hotmail.com with more info about yuor car!

Mike

Check out my website: www.members.optusnet.com.au/~onnzo

Member #31

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:19 pm 
Restricted Newbie

oh schweet.. found the transmission manual. Whoever put it up online should be given a gold medal. Thankyou!