4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:38 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: 4g63t swap engine mounts
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:12 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Plese bare with me since I am new and this is why I am in the newbie forum. After reading about the swap it doesn't seem really that difficult. One major question i have is can i use non turbo engine mounts or do they have to be the turbo mounts? and if so where can i get them becuase I allready basically have the car which the swap is going into which is a 91 colt with the stock motor and basic 4 speed. How difficult would you rate this swap? Also how difficult is the wiring of this swap.
Please give me as much info as possible since I am almost postive about doing this swap, but let me now of any major drawbacks that I may have overlooked. Is their any special customizing that is required?

Why drive a car that looks fast and allows people know that they will lose to you? I say, drive a sleeper and laugh as they are simply amazed as you blow them away with a plain looking car, and they have all their glowing lights and bling bling rims on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:24 pm 
CSM Expert

http://www.4g61t.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=301

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 6:43 pm 

Quote:
Plese bare with me since I am new and this is why I am in the newbie forum. After reading about the swap it doesn't seem really that difficult. One major question i have is can i use non turbo engine mounts or do they have to be the turbo mounts? and if so where can i get them becuase I allready basically have the car which the swap is going into which is a 91 colt with the stock motor and basic 4 speed. How difficult would you rate this swap? Also how difficult is the wiring of this swap.
Please give me as much info as possible since I am almost postive about doing this swap, but let me now of any major drawbacks that I may have overlooked. Is their any special customizing that is required?
96 and older hyndai elantras 1.6 and 1.8liter. Or the infamous 89 Turbo Colt. Or any DOHC 1.6L Colt/Summit/Mirage. So I'm told anyway, I've got a set of elantra mounts they look like they will work. No special customizing is necesary it is a bolt in swap. The wiring is the only part that looks complicated too me. I will be doing the swap soon myself and documenting everything to make it easier for new 4g63t colt enthusiast to do. Step by step, begining to end, with lots of pictures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:15 pm 
Restricted Newbie

That would be great if you could document as you go, what year are you doing the swap in?

Why drive a car that looks fast and allows people know that they will lose to you? I say, drive a sleeper and laugh as they are simply amazed as you blow them away with a plain looking car, and they have all their glowing lights and bling bling rims on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:27 pm 

my car is a '89 Colt HB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:45 pm 
4g61t Delinquent

heh...maybe i should document my 4g61NT swap into a 4g15 car :-?

For those 10 months or less... I'm broke...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:28 pm 

Quote:
heh...maybe i should document my 4g61NT swap into a 4g15 car :-?
Hell yeah do it paul.

The 4g63t THE REPLACEMENT, for displacement!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 9:20 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Is the early Elantra tranny mount the same as the turboC/M also?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 10:46 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Is the early Elantra tranny mount the same as the turboC/M also?

yes it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 1:09 pm 

Hows it going. I've been collecting parts for a while. I have a 1989 mirage 1.5 and a freshly rebuilt 4g63 and 1990 Tranny thats freshly rebuilt. with a KAAZ differential all boltet up with a AGP L2R on it. TIAL 40mm wastgate and a pretty nice size intercooler mounted on the front of the car already. I have pretty much all of my wiring done I think. I saw that you made a post that the Hynduai motor mounts will work in my application. This is my missing puzzle piece. I was thinking about going up to mitsubishi and getting the parts from up there brand new. i priced all the mounts and brackets that i need and it came out to be 315 dollars. So if I can pull some out of a hyudndai for cheaper I think that this will be a better alternative. Do you know of anyone that has used the hyundai motor mounts in there colt or mirage that I could speak to personally?

Someone needs to make a page with all motor mounts that can be used. This question is always being asked.

Exatly what year hyndais will work with my application and will it have all the motor mounts I need or just a couple motor mounts? Are these motor mounts as strong as the mirage turbo motor mounts? Does anyone know where I can get a set of prothane motor mount inserts?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 1:26 pm 
Some call me a god

broke4speed is using hyundai mounts, i'm just using the hyundai t-belt mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:40 pm 

92-96 Elantras. T-belt mount and rear 'roll' mount. The stock 4G15 front roll mount should be the same. I'm not 100% clear on the tranny mount as of yet.

I know Elantras w/1.6l came with smaller trans(same as my Excel-cross refernced part# for clutch kits) and the 93+ w/1.8l had different, larger(?) tranny, so perhaps the two mounts are different.

I'm still in the dark pretty much when it comes to all the different tranny codes and what gearbox exactly is needed for the swap. It would be cool to try and put together a comprehensive list of what codes came in what. Early Hyundais are actually Mitsubishi built, so if everything was cleared up, it would be much easier(prolly cheaper too) in finding donors for parts and whatnot.

Prothane motor mount inserts:
http://www.suspension.com/mitsubishi.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:51 pm 
CSM Junkie

Hyundai Elantra 1.6 mounts work perfect, all of them. Been there done that.
Hyundai Sonata trannies (not sure year, I always got the 89 model by coincidence) are KM210, which is exactly the same as the Colt GT turbo tranny. You can even use the Talon FWD flywheel and clutch. Been there done that.

Geez, I have not been around in a while and this info is still not put somewhere obvious? I posted the Sonata tranny info months ago...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:07 pm 

89-91 Sonatas came with the 2.4 so I'll assume then the KM210 came throughout those years.

93+ Elantras w/1.8l share flywheel size(8 1/2-7/8-20T) and clutch kit part# with Colt/Mirage turbo. Then I guess these also use the KM210??

I have a Haynes manual that states the F5M33 is used with both turbo & n/a fwd 2.0. What is the F5M22 & 21 used in?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:44 pm 
Some call me a god

the F5M21,F4M21, F5M22 are in 1.5 cars only. the differences come in cable or hydrolic clutches, and in mounting locations (91-94 colts have their cradle under the tranny instead of the motor) That is what is killing me now!