4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:47 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:23 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Kind of a newb when it comes to brakes. I have a base model, and I just picked up a set of turbo front brakes. Will I need to upgrade anything else or can I run them with the base brake booster? Also, can we still get stainless steel lines? I also want to rebuild them(I already have rotors), I'm just not sure which parts to get. Sorry for the newb post, hopefully you guys can educate me on this.

Also, I found some ss lines after some google searching. Can anyone legitimize these?

http://store.excelerateperformance.com/i-486758.aspx...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:34 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Contact Technafit direct for our applications. I did and it helped.

For what its worth, 1991-1992 Mitsubishi bagged Galant GVR4 front brake hoses fit like a charm on the C53A front brakes.

Technafit may have an option to remove the two piece rear lines on rear turbo rotors, like I got but it is a different line setup on the drums at the back.

Take measurements of how long the hoses are once removed (assuming not your daily driver) and they can duplicate everything exactly. Pictures to send to them also help, to show routing and how they can be changed, if any to remove the middle metal pipe portions up front. Rust usually keep the line ends from seating properly in the anti-rotater base they fit into, so just be aware it isn't the fittings. I filed some fittings and some body tabs to make everything peachy.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:55 pm 

if your planing on swapping to awd, or going with "89 gt rear discs in the future, then it would make more sense to get stainless lines for the rear then...I'm not sure if the rear drum hose fittings have the same specs as the rear discs calipers, but I'm assuming they are different, but I'll know if thats the case soon I'm swapping rear disc brakes into my colt soon. you can source all you need to add rear disc brakes from 89mirageman, or if you get lucky and find a rear disc equipped mirage gt or colt gt, 92-95 hyundai elantra with rear discs.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:34 pm 

As for rebuilding the turbo mirage front calipers, what would I need for that? Also, what pads does everybody recommend? I like to drive my car sprightly, and I'm not a fan of brake fade which happens pretty quickly with my current setup.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:28 am 

For good all around performance brake pads... I like to use akibono pads, but I have also used autozone gold pads, and they work good on my daily driver, but the best ones I have personally used on my own car with great results would be the akibono for sure, but I might try hawk or ebc in the future, as I have heard good things about them, but make sure you break them in properly too thats another thing to add to the equation.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:07 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Rebuild kit may be listed with Mitsubishi, or go on rockauto and see what they have. Procedure is pretty simply but the piston cups have to be perfectly clean and rust free/not pitted where the seals will ride as the pads wear down and the cups extend. There should be a bunch of videos on youtube about how to remove the piston cups and reinstall with lubricated seals (brake fluid). They are square cut seals, so be sure not to fold them over upon installation.