4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:50 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:37 am 

Looking for parts online I'm continually running into 1991 Colt parts for a Colt LC and a Colt LA but I've been unable to find any info on what these designations refer to. Searches here and on bing and google will mostly give me results for Colts in Los Angeles or Louisiana, occasionally for Lake Charles Louisiana, for both lc and la. I can find parts listed for a Colt LC, but still don't know what model that is. Mine is your typical 1991 Colt GL hatchback (63t) and occasionally that will get me somewhere but often parts are only listed for the lc and la models.

Anybody know what these models are?

JimS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:35 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Colt parts should be listed under 1.5L and 1.6L engines and or 200e, 200GT, 200GT turbo for hatch models if referring to Dodge and Plymouth.

Colt/Lancer CA/CB were the AUS models referring to pre and post facelift (metal bumpers became JDM/GTI urethane pieces we all drool over).

LC and LA mean nothing to me? What catalogues are you looking in or parts programs? Link us here because I am curious why this hurdle has come your way!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:36 pm 

I was looking at speed bleeders on both the speedbleeder and Russell sites. http://speedbleeder.com/automobile_appl ... .htm#Dodge and
http://russellperformance.com/mc/speed- ... stic.shtml

I've run into these designations before but can't remember where right now. I usually work around it by cross referencing with Mirages but these guys have no listings for Mirage.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:15 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Pretty sure they are all M10x1.0 on turbo models (front and rear as they share the same calipers as Galants/DSM FWD).

Lots of models listed under rockauto.com, as either M7x1.0 or M10x1.0. Pretty easy to tell once you are in there. Put those two sized taps nexts to the bleeder on your particular setup and it should be easy. Better yet, pull one all the way out. 7mm wide or 10mm wide. I have both sizes kicking around on my table in the basement but not speed bleeders. I decided against them because I have a vacuum bleeder machine and a compressor at home. Was on my list, but wasn't necessary as part of the rebuild. My bleeders came out cleanly and cleaned up well enough to reuse without issue. They go on with something like 7 ft/lbs of torque, rather surprising.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:50 pm 

These are the stock 91 Colt GL 1.5 rear drums, not the disc set up. Expo knuckles and discs on the front but the drums on the rear. Part numbers for the front calipers will depend on whether they're Expo or Talon calipers, I think. At least the sites above have different numbers for the Expo and Talon calipers. All do use the same pads, though.

Same lc and la listings for 91 Colt GL on Rock Auto. Some listings on Amazon, including one for a Colt lc. Most are listings for front only, a few for front and rear both, at least one for rear only.

Hoping to get the all the parts and do everything at once but looks like I'll have to pull one of the rears to check the size.

Anyone know if the 1991 Plymouth Colt is also manufactured in Japan? Only one listing for the Plymouth Colt versions, rear drum same as the stock front disc.

Thanks,
JimS