4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:21 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:51 pm 

Small world! I know there were 2 other people looking at it. Someone from Georgia and I don't know where the other was from so it was probably you. I live about 35 mins from him so I went and looked at it and he was hard set on the price. So I gave him a couple days and came back with cash and told him a grand was all I was willing to do. So he threw in the rims with good tires and we settled at 1200. It's got some rust on the rockers mostly under the sliding door. I think it was a fair deal though with 111k He just had the timing belt replaced and the 2 front shocks. It drove like crap at first but the tune up solved that completely. Runs great now!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:44 pm 
CSM Junkie

ah yeah, thats cool. he told me he had some mag wheels on the car but took them off. glad you are happy with your purchase. body looks straight.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:19 am 
CSM Junkie

Yes. Mitsu/Dodge/Eagle/Plymouth came in 3 categories:

DSM (90-94 Eclipse/Talon/Laser) Built in Normal, IL
CSM (Colt, Summit, Mirage) Built overseas (though some were built in Normal)
MMC (Galant/Galant VR4) Built overseas

There are a lot of interchangeable parts (sometimes with some modifications) between them too, more if you are creative.
Quote:
That's what I needed to know, thanks again Thom!

You guys really know these cars. I'm so excited to have found one, this site and met some knowledgeable and friendly folks. I almost bought a Honda Civic but chose the Colt purely on price and the additional sliding door. I'm glad I did because it's such a cool car! I put Street Rod tags on it and have gotten quite a few comments on the car. I'm fully pleased and proud to own such an odd vehicle!

So technically it's a CSM and not a DSM?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:59 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Small world! I know there were 2 other people looking at it. Someone from Georgia and I don't know where the other was from so it was probably you. I live about 35 mins from him so I went and looked at it and he was hard set on the price. So I gave him a couple days and came back with cash and told him a grand was all I was willing to do. So he threw in the rims with good tires and we settled at 1200. It's got some rust on the rockers mostly under the sliding door. I think it was a fair deal though with 111k He just had the timing belt replaced and the 2 front shocks. It drove like crap at first but the tune up solved that completely. Runs great now!
It is amazing how our little mitsu community can find rare cars and be on them like hawks. lol, I too were thinking about buying but turned it down because of the rust. Glad it is running good for, nice to hear!