4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:48 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:11 am 
Restricted Newbie

Hey everyone,
This is actually the first time I've posted on this site... I only just joined :-?
I have a couple of questions... if anyone can help.

I've just bought a 1992 model Lancer with a 4G61T in it (not the cars original engine, so I dont have ALL the information for the engine. eg, year, etc), and I need to rebuild it...
As far as I can gather, this engine never came out in Australia, so it must have been imported.
I'm wondering if anyone can tell me;
What type of car it might have come out in?
Any specs on the engine?
(Important) Where I can get HIGH quality bearing kits, piston rings, pistons, cams, valves, valve springs, gaskets, etc?

Just... really, whatever information you have, can I please have it?? :D

Sorry if I seem like I'm a bit of a newbie... but, I am :)
Any replies would be VERY MUCH appreciated! :D
Thanks,
Gary

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:57 pm 
Owner/Admin

First please add your location in your user control panel, so we know where your from. As to answer your question-we have the 1.6 turbo engine's in the U.S. spec cars, but we only got 1500 of them. Look around the forum and ask questions about where you can get the parts you need.Hope that helps your start.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:09 pm 
The Silent Administrator

I'll assume you are from Australia, but as mentioned above you need your city location and country as part of registration.

Go here and download ASA: http://lilevo.com/asa/

Instruction for installation here: http://www.4g61t.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9574

Then install it and look up parts for a C53a Mirage (CA/CB Lancer) 1.6T.

Then look in the archives sections for the engine swap information and you will see lots of technical information pertaining to the 4g61.

A 4g61 has less deck height than a 4g63, and other than the water pump, timing belt (and possibly the timing tensioner arm), and lower timing cover, they are pretty much identical for swapping parts between. So, that means almost all parts from the 4g63 motor will bolt on. Keep in mind the pistons and rings are smaller diameter. Bearings from a 1G DSM or 90 4g63 will interchange, for the rods and the pistons. You can bolt on the turbo exhaust manifold from the 4g63t and subsequently the turbo also, 14b/16g/16G, etc. Where things get weird is when the 4g63 motor switched over the a 7 bolt flywheel crank and front engine mount fitment was on the transmission versus the engine block itself.

There is a basic primer, but as suggested, have a gander through the mass of material we have here.

What are the plans for the motor and why does it need work of any sort??

Cheers,

Tim