4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:21 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:44 pm 

ive noticed there are a few different speedos, like the jap 180kph and the 240. do they swap straight over and speedo will work properly because its calibrated inside the cluster or is the something to do with the speedo cable?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:08 pm 

I know the us ones are calibrated within the speedo's. I am unsure about the jap ones.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:38 am 
Some call me a god

Let's assume that the speedometer on the gauge cluster has a certain gearing to represent the displayed speed, while another gauge cluster has a different gearing for its readout . They should swap out just fine....my best guess.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:11 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Read the archive post about the cluster face swapping, it basically goes that a turbo cluster will install as an upgrade, but for a turbo car it will not work to install a non-turbo CSM cluster.
It makes more sense when you see the scans of the cluster faces, and the gearing/readouts they have listed. This way you know which one swap over. I've installed a 240 KMH AUS face into my 240 KMH turbo cluster, direct and 100% accurate minus the needle removal and re-installation.
I have to upload new copies of the scans to a new archive location.

I'm also thinking that matching your top speed (preferred if mph to swap to mph, KMH with KMH), then it will match. Same thinking for your tachometer, highest RPM matching and you are good there too. This is from memory, so I'll have to back this up. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:45 pm 
The Silent Administrator

http://s483.beta.photobucket.com/user/C ... ge%20faces

I labelled all but 2-3 pictures, then the labelling was lost during the save. You'll see what makes sense of the gearing on the scans. You have to take into account the speedo gear in the transmission your are using also, this and your gauge face will determine compatibility for matching output. Tire size is always your final variable, but not part of the base hardware equation, as most people are worried about keeping their speedo accurate and then they can compensate appropriately if their tire sizing (ie rolling circumference/diameter) has changed with a tire/rim swap either for looks or to play with their gearing/RPM at the traps.

36 North American and International gauge faces are pictured. Enjoy!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:38 pm 

thanks heaps for all the info!!!