4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:06 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:11 am 

Hi. In near future I would build custom exhaust for my Mirage. The question is - what can I do, to do it the best? :)

Is 2,5'' without any mufflers will be good? Some graphics:

My plan for the future is to ship intercooler from BMW 2.5 TDS engine and do 2xx HP from it. Is it good way of thinking? :) If somewhere on board is topic like this, please send me link.

Sorry for my english :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:58 am 
Some call me a god

I have done that exact exhaust setup on a sedan with a small 16g. Even cut a knotch in the bumper for the pipe.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:07 am 

Can You record a movie with sound of it? And what about performance - is it better now? :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:23 pm 

I'm also interested in a clip or pics.. as I need to build a custom 3" for my 89 gt aswell. Tho I want to run it like stock. Not sure tho.. this sounds like a good way to run it, but I would preffer a muffler inline or resonators. Definatly don't want it dumping to early (before rear wheel, near driver door like some have done).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:02 pm 
The Silent Administrator

I vote 2.5 inch in the stock locations, muffler straight out at rear or muffler aimed like stock and tip out right rear. I run this now, and nothing but the rear axle is in the way of large objects on the road, sounds great under boost too; not too loud or droan-y. I run a catalytic converter and a Magnaflow muffler. If you searched "CompressedPlymouth" on YouTube, you'll find what my car sounds like. Much lumpier at idle with low vacuum 264 regrinds, but this setup was run with a 14b on a 4g61t. I unfortunately don't have any drive by videos, you'll have to visit once the car comes back out from under the knife. :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:22 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

In my opinion its all going to depend on how loud you like it or can stand it. I mean, if you can get away with it legally and can stand the noise, just run a 3" downpipe with a turn down under the car. Of course, that would be way too loud for my tastes. :o Or you could just run it right out the driver side in front of the rear tire. Again, that's pretty loud.

Personally I think a 2.5" system without any muffler is going to be too loud, for me anyway. If I wanted a good flowing exhaust but somewhat quiet I'd run a 2.5" exhaust with some kind of gasspack or cherrybomb style muffler underneath the car and a straight through Magnaflow in the back mounted like stock with a 90deg bend like stock. That will flow plenty good enough for 300hp and still be tolerable noise wise.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:24 pm 
Some call me a god

I have mine ran how you want it. Full 3"

2016 ram 1500