4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:52 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:09 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Quote:
The car is is not running on all four cylinders. You likely fouled the number four spark plug when you sprayed the cleaner in the egr hole. You can use a wire brush/wire wheel on a bench grinder and some brake cleaner and clean the spark plug. Or you could sand blast the spark plug. Or, if you don't have access to all those tools, just swap in some new spark plugs and it will likely return to running on all four cylinders. Have you verified that you have spark on all four cylinders still? Like maybe somehow you damaged the cam angle sensor while working on the car.

All you need to check spark is to pull all the spark plug wires out of the spark plug holes. Grab a philips screwdriver and stick it all the way in the end of the spark plug wire. Then put the shaft of the screwdriver close to one of the studs/bolts for the struts for the suspension. You are essentially grounding out the screwdriver. You will see the spark jump to the chassis once you have someone stick the key in the ignition and turn the car over. Or you could do one at a time if you pull the connector for the injector resistor pack.

My guess is you fouled at least on spark plug.
Engine off, remove plug and do as above.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:13 am 
Now Drives a hybrid :(

A clogged cat probably isn't your issue. If your turbo is leaking or has ever leaked oil, this would be a different story though.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:04 am 

Ok i put new plugs again, seemed the same. I then took the cat off, seemed the same again. I then checked for spark and they all seemed ok too. I was going to start taking it all back out but saw a turbo pipe was loose so that explains the not much boost. But cars still missing a bit, but i idled it for three hours straight today and took it for test drives around the block and it seems to be alot better than before. Still funky but that might be because my friend changed the cam angle sensor trying to make it better. Seems like its getting cleaner, think i will put some z max in it. That stuff worked when someone put suger in my tank in eclipse it ran crappy like this for two weeks. And then i put it and ten minutes later it was running awsome , like a burp and fart and it was a new machine. wish it wasnt fourty bucks though,haha. Oh well ill go get some fryday when i get more money. Gotta find a illigal smog i guess again this year..Sucks i wanted to pass legally for once.. thanks again for any help you guys are awsome...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:49 am 
The Silent Administrator

Quote:
...my friend changed the cam angle sensor trying to make it better
Did you guys do the proper timing procedure with a timing light and grounding the wire on the firewall?
If not, you are running in circles, ever moving the CAS without doing the above techniques.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:36 am 

I passed smog but the guy said the timing mark was moving under the timing light. Does anyone know how to make the timing mark stop moving under the light? Can i move the cam angle sensor to make it not move and to be 5 degrees like were sappposed to be? Thanks. Charlie.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:25 am 
The Silent Administrator

I merged this thread yet again because you should continue using one thread.

Two posts up I tell you about the timing issue. Read VFAQ.com and read my other posts in your earlier threads about setting timing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:49 pm 

Boost problem was probably partially from the intercooler hoses lose and the fouled plugs and the misfire from timing being wrong I guess. I put z max and then put new plugs and tightened the hoses and moved the cam angle along with the firewall grounding thingy that had never been used on firewall,haha. Now the car has been great for months, sorry I forgot to update I guess. Thanks for all your guys help once again. I think my next good job I will buy a Hyundai genesis 2.o turbo and skip working on these cars anymore,haha. I love them a lot but wow I read all these posts I put for the years and sure seems like a lot of work,haha. I guess id be bored if it wasn't for all the work though huh? Thanks again for all the help everyone, sorry for my stupidity on working on these things sometimes too. Charlie.