4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:31 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:15 pm 

Hey everyone, my cars timing with a snap on timing gun was 47 THE GUY SAID this was wwaaaay off. Any ideas whats going on hear? My friend said something about a reset box thingy when u do timing belts but ive never done this but did read about it on my 95 eclipse i had before. Thanks if u can help,charleyturbo.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:43 pm 
The Silent Administrator

There is a pin to ground, that runs up into a two pin connector (but only has the one pin inside). It is separated internally with a pink piece of plastic. Read the manual or use VFAQ.com to see what we mean. One it is grounded, you eliminate the ECU from compensating when you turn the CAS to reach the desired base timing. Make sure to mark the pulley where the knotch is located, white-out or paint pens in white really help there. Get base timing to 5 degrees and you should be set. Make sure the timing light has no advance dialed in other than "0", if the gun has no settings then nothing to worry about.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:51 pm 

Looking at vfaq but havent found it yet. Thanks though for the help canadian colt...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:34 pm 
The Silent Administrator

http://www.4g61t.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... ug#p296769

Page 2 says it all. They said it better than me. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:36 am 

Really my brains no good with whatever you are trying to explain, thanks anyways... Just trying to pass smog and cannot, only got about a week left and they can take my car from the street forever. I have tried everythign except timing and 02 sensor it seems. I dont know what to do with timing and o2 wont come off. Trying to find illigal one once again ill have to pay stupid money after i was trying to do it legally.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:22 am 
The Silent Administrator

Fix your EGR, stick to posting in one thread also. Very confusing having to find 3 threads to post in.
Once you fix the EGR, then try what Steve posted about a mixture of E85 with a half tank of gas - see your other thread.
If you want to fix your timing, go to a shop and see what they would charge. Make sure the car is hot, and you have some printed documents on the whole procedure and it should take them no longer than 1 hour or so, assuming nothing else is wrong with the car.