4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:03 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Just my luck
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:22 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Must be cursed or something. Parked my colt at the gas station few nights ago and a guy leaves his keys in his durango after he pumped gas, kid gets in the driver seat and turns the truck on, puts it into reverse backing into a minivan. Then puts it into drive and does this to my car which was parked about 30-40ft away. It was like slow motion when I saw it happen. Can't even open the trunk now.
Sorry for the huge pics

Post subject: Re: Just my luck
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:39 pm 
Some call me a god

I feel for you man. :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:31 pm 
CSM Junkie

dam that sucks...but at least you got his insurance information?. I came out of work one night to find some truck had backed up into my mint condition RX7 and wrecked the rear corner panel & just left. I got royally f*cked that night, but it wasnt as bad as yours is. I feel your pain.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:58 am 
The Silent Administrator

A claim should not effect your rates if it is not an "at fault" claim, if your insurance works anything like it does here in this province/country.

That is a huge chunk of your car written off. It is going to require a complete new rear corner to be welded in, and I am sure they insurance company is going to write the car off just due to cost and the average market value of the car. Be prepared to buy back the car on the cheap after they write it off, and then you will have enough money to buy a new clean shell and install stuff to the new body. Best way I can figure coming out ahead. Not sure if you had to tell the insurance company that the car was modified or not, but if you did, then you can try and get a better total value for the car because of the newly installed equipment and so forth.
Don't want to see you come out behind on this one, right?

Keep us posted! Glad you were not in the car when that happened.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:04 am 
Restricted Newbie

Quote:
A claim should not effect your rates if it is not an "at fault" claim, if your insurance works anything like it does here in this province/country.

That is a huge chunk of your car written off. It is going to require a complete new rear corner to be welded in, and I am sure they insurance company is going to write the car off just due to cost and the average market value of the car. Be prepared to buy back the car on the cheap after they write it off, and then you will have enough money to buy a new clean shell and install stuff to the new body. Best way I can figure coming out ahead. Not sure if you had to tell the insurance company that the car was modified or not, but if you did, then you can try and get a better total value for the car because of the newly installed equipment and so forth.
Don't want to see you come out behind on this one, right?

Keep us posted! Glad you were not in the car when that happened.
Thanks. Actually the car wasn't modified at all it is all still stock. I did spend a few bucks on it though. I'm looking a driver side tail/turn signal lights to see if I can just replace it and keep moving. I know for sure it will be written off. How much I will get is the tough part. Kbb on a mint one is around $1700 and on the low side is $700. My biggest concern is how to go about getting it taken care of. My insurance rep said I could have my insurance take care of it or go through theirs. I was thinking of talking to a lawyer just for the sake of it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:14 am 
The Silent Administrator

Best to find out if you use your insurance company, to find out the timeline for payout after the adjuster shows up or you take it to a body shop to total the damages/repair cost. Once you have a timeline - ie. your insurance company goes after the other - do they pay out the value to replace quickly or will it depend on the other company holding things up, or will they pay out right away and just go after the other company. If you go with the other company paying out, what happens with their timeline, pay out right away - chance for buy back (if you want parts or just move on), or do you have to wait till they settle. It is a cut and dry accident, 100% at fault of the other guy, so hopefully that moves things along in some sense. Just make sure you have the police report and such, and you should be good. Oh, and find out where the car has to go to be inspected and how long that will take. Food for thought. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:17 pm 
CSM Junkie

Wow, sorry for you with this bad chunk !
Good luck :(