4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:10 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:45 am 
Restricted Newbie

Whats up everyone. I just picked up a 92' Colt I believe it's a GL with a 1.5l motor.
Anyways when I purchased the car I was told it had Galant big brakes and needed a wheel bearing on the drivers side.
I went on rockauto.com and looked up the parts and only saw that there is a inner wheel bearing and no outer. I wanted to know if there are any other parts I would need when changing the wheel bearing since I've never done this. I won't be doing the installation of the wheel bearing myself I'm taking the hub off and bringing it to someone with a press. Any info would be appreciated. Attached a pic also. Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:05 am 
Some call me a god

Assuming it actually has the DSM/Gvr4/CSM wagon type bearing (all the same part) then yes there's only one bearing per side. If the original knuckles are still in there then there's two bearings (inner and outer). Either way, you should buy the inner and outer seals as well. If you have the single bearing GVR4/DSM/or wagon setup, and the original CSM axles, then you'll want to use the inner seal that's listed for a 92 Sonata.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:14 am 
Restricted Newbie

Quote:
Assuming it actually has the DSM/Gvr4/CSM wagon type bearing (all the same part) then yes there's only one bearing per side. If the original knuckles are still in there then there's two bearings (inner and outer). Either way, you should buy the inner and outer seals as well. If you have the single bearing GVR4/DSM/or wagon setup, and the original CSM axles, then you'll want to use the inner seal that's listed for a 92 Sonata.
Is that something I can tell by taking the wheel off and inspecting or taking a picture to post up?
I didn't get much more info from him other then he said it needed galant wheel bearings.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:05 am 
Some call me a god

Yes posting a picture of the knuckle would work, or you could take his word for it that it takes the Galant/DSM/Wagon one piece wheel bearings.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:50 am 
Restricted Newbie

Quote:
Yes posting a picture of the knuckle would work, or you could take his word for it that it takes the Galant/DSM/Wagon one piece wheel bearings.
He said it was possible to have a two piece. That was the only reason I asked about putting up a picture. I understand it is very possible to have a 1 piece. But I don't want to be stuck without a car because I purchased the wrong bearing.