All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:39 am 
CSM Expert

mmmm evo 9....

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:47 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:
mmmm evo 9....
I know, right? So why shove the Evo IX drivetrain into a CSM?

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:11 am 
Restricted Newbie

Morning!

I'm sorry guys, I realized that I never gave a full introduction. My apologies.

My name is Mike, I work for Mitsubishi Motors North America, Eastern Zone, but I am not here on a professional capacity. Rather one that we all share as enthusiasts. I came here from Japan at an early age and have always been partial to the Mitsubishi brand and cars, never knowing that one day I would have my career with them! :rolleyes:

I originally came to this site after hearing about LILEVO and his Mirage AWD swap. Both LILEVO and I have had our fair share of magazine coverage, but I respected his work to a phenomenal degree. To put that much ingenuity and passion into a car, I was seriously impressed. LILEVO, kudos to you! My article can be found here:
http://www.turbomagazine.com/features/0 ... index.html

My '05 MR looks very different now and I still love driving her, although the local authorities would like to keep me off the road. LoL. Just recently upgraded the brakes to Endless Racing 6 POT fronts and they're massive. God forbid you wear dentures and you hit the brakes.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:27 am 
Restricted Newbie

Here's a picture of the CSM in it's original resting place in Nebraska. Some of you might remember this picture as the car on eBay in Nebraska. I was fortunate enough to win her and ship her back home here to New Jersey.

For those of you wondering, the gray MR you saw above is not the car I'm parting out to be the donor in this project. My little brother's Evo IX MR is going to be the donor car.

Here's my garage at home:

Here's the daily driver:

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:15 pm 
The happy administrator

It'll definitely be a one of a kind car for sure. Take LOTS of pictures, we love build threads here.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:05 pm 
Some call me a god

I've seen that 7 in sport compact car if I'm not mistaken.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:44 am 
Restricted Newbie

Quote:
It'll definitely be a one of a kind car for sure. Take LOTS of pictures, we love build threads here.
Thank you. It definitely won't be a quick build as I'll be 'measuring 10 times and cutting once'! =)

Was wondering what color scheme you guys think would be good? I've always had this romantic notion of the '89 turbo Mirage as being the grand-daddy that started it all for the Evos, being that the 4G61t platform paved the way for the up-displacement 4G63t found in Evo, Eclipse, Galant VR-4, etc. In the grand scheme of things, the '89 Mirage should be called the Evo... Zero? =)

Maybe airbrushing a classic A6M Mitsubishi Zero fighter plane would do it some justice, but as a former U.S. Army combat veteran (and good standing VFW member) it might piss off some of the old-school members of my VFW squad.

Let me know guys! Your feedback is invaluable to me!

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:47 am 
Restricted Newbie

Quote:
It's actually an 8 MR with my old VII stuff retrofitted onto it. =)

I couldn't get the VII completely registered here in the States, so she languishes in storage for now. I miss not being able to drive her, but she certainly is a conversation piece when I do go down to my storage facility.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:34 am 

In the grand scheme of things, the '89 Mirage should be called the Evo... Zero? =)

isnt there allready a evo o? i thought I read somewhere they was.. so call this a evo -1 lol...or non evo 1

color scheme is up to you and your taste.. I personally love the white ones.... and the subby blue color is kewl also.

Steve

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:26 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Quote:

I couldn't get the VII completely registered here in the States, so she languishes in storage for now. I miss not being able to drive her, but she certainly is a conversation piece when I do go down to my storage facility.
I was talking about the yellow rx-7 next to it. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:16 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I was talking about the yellow rx-7 next to it. :lol:
OMG that was a long long time ago!! You can't be too young if you remember that issue! LoL.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:22 pm 
Some call me a god

I'm 22, but ya that was an old issue, back when I enjoyed Sport Compact Car and when they're issues were actually thick. I really hope you do this, should be very interesting.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:29 pm 
2nd Banana

Quote:
I've always had this romantic notion of the '89 turbo Mirage as being the grand-daddy that started it all for the Evos, being that the 4G61t platform paved the way for the up-displacement 4G63t found in Evo, Eclipse, Galant VR-4, etc. In the grand scheme of things, the '89 Mirage should be called the Evo... Zero? =)
There already is an EVO 0 out there, it's called the Galant VR-4 RS if I'm not mistaken. If you ask me, a Mirage Turbo has very little, if anything in common with an EVO.
Quote:
Maybe airbrushing a classic A6M Mitsubishi Zero fighter plane would do it some justice, but as a former U.S. Army combat veteran (and good standing VFW member) it might piss off some of the old-school members of my VFW squad.
Someone else already had that idea on here, but they never went through with it. Probably for the best, since that's a pretty fruit and banana up idea.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 5:50 pm 
Some call me a god

I say if anything, put it into a 5G mirage. It's been done a few times and I love the fact that it would be a 2dr Evo. :)

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:26 pm 
Now Drives a hybrid :(

Quote:
I say if anything, put it into a 5G mirage. It's been done a few times and I love the fact that it would be a 2dr Evo. :)
Just what I was thinking. Either that or put it in a mighty max, both cars can be found under $1000. Please don't hack up an evo and a mirage/colt turbo. There is probably less than 200 surviving original mirage/colt turbos out there. and the evo is a technological marvel. I know some people are curious, the same curiosity as the internet videos of people about to die. :x

Knock the rust off, and fix the front and have a nice piece of history on you can drive.