4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:27 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:46 pm 
Restricted Newbie

I had the below posted on the wrong forum so I moved most of it here.

Hi, I'm new here and just bought a 2002 Mitsubishi Mirage DE Coupe in near mint condition about 98 percent anyway. It's only got 21,000 miles on it, I got a good deal on it too. I have the 5 in the floor mated to a 1.5 liter SOHC "I THINK", anyway I was doing some reading here and my first question is can I turn it into a DOHC, and if so is it worth it?

My next question is if I add a turbo, stand alone managment system, catback exaust, etc, What kind of numbers horspower and torgue wise can I expect? Maybe even go dual turbo exaust, etc.

I am gonna trick this car out and was wondering how I can make it run as is. Any info and observations is appriciated. Are should I just get a motor out of a wrecked eclipse/lancer and start there? Maybe one with a turbo, etc.

I am gonna slowly start customizing it and tuneing as I go, ground effects etc. What would you guys do to it? Was thinking sparco 4 are 5 point seats, 3 stage are dual fogger system much latter, etc.

BTW, I will be driving this car to work and maybe race it on a saturday every now and then, so it needs to be reliable as well as super fast. So street/strip.

Anyone on here built a 1.5 are have a link for one?

Thanks in advance.
You have an 02 so the motor and tranny are in the other direction.
No you cannot use a 1G or 2G motor without major motor mount fabrication.

Yes, you can use an EVO IV-VIII setup, or Galant 2.4 block with a EIV-VIII
head.
See if the Galant block has the bosses for the oil squirters first, and if it does, order custom pistons where the wrist pin is 6mm higher.
You'll have to use an Evolution IV-VIII tranny. Seal the hole for the transfer case, and insert a viscous coupling eliminator as you'll only use the tranny to rotate the front tires
Yes. a standalone management system would work. First one that comes to mind is a Haltech E6K.

You might want to do MORE homework to see if taking on a full conversion is feasable and within your budget. You're already looking at over 5K for the motor alone
1K at least for a standalone, and a couple aof grand in related parts, and customizing.

89 Mirage Turbo "resurrected"
92 GVR4 254/1000 Kensington Gray
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MirageGS
you just asked a huge mouthful and since you dont have a c50 info about what you are asking is limited here. if you have not already you should visit mirageforums. they may have the info you are looking for
http://www.mirageforums.net/phpBB2/inde ... ed3f36edac
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wrote:
thanks phntmenace, I think I can handle the motor mounts since I have a machinest 1 diploma. The money shouldn't be an issue as I plan on doing it over a good length of time. Rite now I still got plenty of warranty left. I'll repost this where you suggested tommarrow and delete this.

Mirage gs, your rite I don't have a clue thats why I asked, untill now I was running domestic only, mostly big block chevys so this is all new to me. I do have a clue on some things but know nothing about this 1.5 liter and what I could do with it. I just want to spend my money wisely.

Actually, I think I got here from the mirage forums link, I know I was there today.

lol! thats pretty funny. here is a link i found for an evo engine swap. if you looking for the most power that is probably the best way to go. hope it helps.

http://www.mirageforums.net/phpBB2/view ... ht=5g+swap
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Mirage GS for the link, how good you think she'll run with that evo swap?