4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:29 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 9:25 am 

Finally got my mom to take a ride in the Summit. She is 82 and has gone for a ride in every vehicle I have owned. I pulled up on the local highway on Sunday but police were taking radar just past the ramp and traffic was heavy. I pulled of the next exit, to head back ,and went up the on the highway to see a long line of cars. It is a mile uphill and I wanted some open space so I pulled off to the right and waited for a opening in traffic. I saw a good open spot with no traffic coming up. I then saw a red car come over the hill behind me. It looked like a Camaro or Corvette so I waited and when he got close I pulled out into the right lane so he had to go around me. Just as he went by I saw it was a Ferrari 458, jumped on it and went past him on the right. I slowed back down into 3rd gear and when he came up to me he jumped on it. He pulled about 3 cars on me before I hit boost and slowly gained on him and when I shifted into 4th I passed him (slowly) and pulled about 3 car lengths on him. I slowed back down and he gave me a thumbs up.

Mom loved the ride but she said that all the questions she wanted to ask were forgotten when we passed the Ferrari. I know he would of spanked me on top speed and frankly I don't want to see top speed in this car.

Fun 1st race and mom has a good story to tell at her next blue hair meeting.
Mark

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 1:48 pm 

Racing with your 82 year old mother in the car with you has to be one of the best ones I've heard :lol: . I'm surprised she wasn't beating you with her pocket book or something.

Nice kill!

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 2:06 pm 

Quote:
Racing with your 82 year old mother in the car with you has to be one of the best ones I've heard :lol: . I'm surprised she wasn't beating you with her pocket book or something.

Nice kill!
How many chances do you get to race a ferrari with any non race/supercar? How could I pass it up AND she has a real good story for all her friends.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 5:16 pm 
The Silent Administrator

This story makes me smile.