4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:05 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: V6 Genesis
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:50 am 
CSM Junkie

I was on my way home from watching a game last night when I pull up at a light next to a new V6 Genesis Coupe. He's got no mods that I could see and I'm pretty sure it was an auto. The street we're on is a 55mph zone and lots of road ahead. I bring the RPMs up a little at the light so I can get a good start. I didn't think he would run, but by the time I shift to 2nd around 4500rpm he's at my door. I grab second and floor it. Of course there's no traction in 2nd either and I see a big cloud of white smoke behind me at the light as my car torque steers to the right. I shift around 6000rpm and grab 3rd. (of course I'm not going very fast spinning the tires) I let off around 65mph (don't want to speed too :wink: ) He's got me by close to a car length at that point. I figure I could reel him in in 3rd gear, but that was enough fun. We do a couple rolling pulls up ahead, but nothing serious.

Yeah, so it's not a kill. But at least I know my POS can hang with a 300hp modern car. There's not many opportunities for me to let loose with the car, and I had fun. I'll see if I can get to the track and get a decent time slip before I sell the car. Well, that's if anyone ever offers any cash for it. :(

Post subject: Re: V6 Genesis
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:28 pm 
Some call me a god

Nice kill, for the Genesis anyways

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:32 pm 
CSM Junkie

Really? A nice kill? My car is 21 years old. (it can legally consume E85 if needed)

Well, at least my CSM has run against something on the street. Can you say that? Got your other Mirage running yet? Come out next Friday to the Strip and see if I can make a clean pass. Then we can see if my car is worthy of a Trevtec sticker. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:59 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Really? A nice kill? My car is 21 years old. (it can legally consume E85 if needed)

Well, at least my CSM has run against something on the street. Can you say that? Got your other Mirage running yet? Come out next Friday to the Strip and see if I can make a clean pass. Then we can see if my car is worthy of a Trevtec sticker. :wink:
I raced a bunch of cars in my Mirage and it went down the track more than yours has. Also had nearly 20mph more in the 1/8 than you had in the 1/4......Beeeotch Jeff Washington.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:38 pm 
CSM Junkie

I bow out. :oops:

Trevtec FTW.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:43 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
I bow out. :oops:

Trevtec FTW.
Stop it Jeff, man up, throw some E85, cams, and turbo on the Mirage and run some low 11s and then come back and post some kick ass kill stories about cars other than Hyundais.