4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:03 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:16 am 
Some call me a god

Well...hahahaaa.......I got some more drive time tonight. Everything was going pretty good. I stopped by Schucks and got a gallon of antifreeze on my way home.

I pulled out of the parking lot and an Intrega was pulling out of the Mcdonalds parking lot. We came quickly to the next stop light. I decided to show off....the fuzz wasn't anywhere in sight. Mind you, I have NEVER done a clutch drop yet in my car. As soon as the light turns green he nailed it for the win.....that was until I actually put the pedal down! :lol: Yeah....I rolled out slow and then boosted it. Instantly spun to redline and was on his side when I threw it in second and completely spun the tires again. That was that....there was no effort involved in it. But the second I let off the gas in second gear the speedometer let out!!!

I think I am going to love this car. :rock: I just want to know though, has this ever happened to anyone else with the speedometer breaking? One morning a while back it was whining for about 10 minutes until it was warm in the car...the needle was only just a little jumpy....and the sound was actually coming from the back of the gauge panel.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:55 am 
The happy administrator

Your cable probably snapped. Real pita to change as it goes from the back of the dash through the firewall down to the trans. Whining cable=no lube. If you have a drill, pop the end of the cable out of the trans (just unscrews) and hook the drill to it and spin it with somebody in the car to see if the speedo moves. If it moves, you might have killed the gear in the trans, if not, you either broke the cable (likely) or the gauge itself (unlikely).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:26 am 
Some call me a god

I broke my speedo cable on my colt as well, sucks cause they are special order and like 30 bucks...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:38 pm 
Some call me a god

That's okay.....I got a perfect condition gauge bezel surround for free, so it's all coming out anyway. It was kinda worth it to show off....I spun the tires through second gear! :lol: Other driver :o :o

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:43 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
That's okay.....I got a perfect condition gauge bezel surround for free, so it's all coming out anyway. It was kinda worth it to show off....I spun the tires through second gear! :lol: Other driver :o :o
Ya, nothing like leaving black marks from 40-60mph! :supz: