4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:53 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: V-tech Prelude
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:31 am 
Digital Baby Troll

This happened awhile ago but I'm really bored so I'll throw it up. I had just gotten the SMIC installed on the Mirage and went to pick up my bud to go hunting and try out the new toy. After a long time of trying and not getting any bites I finally came upon a clean black 97+ Prelude with a huge can hanging off the back, always the perfect bait. I kicked it in to 3rd at 45mph and resorted to the "ricer fly by." He didn't bite and catch up like I thought he would so I figured it was another loss. About to call it a night, I caught a red light and he changed lanes to line up with me, thinking the Prelude would have the upper hand on me I decided to launch hard and see what came of it. By the time I hit 6 grand in 3rd I had about 3 lengths on him and I let off. He pulled next to me and did the classic Honda hand signals then honked twice and got on it. I kicked 2nd after he had the jump on me, by the time I hit forth he was seeing my sun faded rear bumper. I slowed to give him the classic rock on :supz: for playing with me, right when he pulls next to me he yell's out "what the hell do you have in that?" Which I replied with a huge smile, "a stock 1.6L." (I decided the SMIC didn't count as an aftermarket modification and he had plenty of time to see the turbo badge on my hatch) He gave a big ego busted smile and a friendly wave then turned onto the next side street he could find.

All in all it turned out to be a goodnight and I went home praising the little shitbox.

-John

Post subject: Re: V-tech Prelude
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:48 pm 

i love that feeling

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:45 pm 

I cant wait until that happens to me in my econo box colt. I will be getting the last laugh though. :supz:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:47 pm 
Digital Baby Troll

Its awesome when your little econo car can whoop the ego boosted honda owners, I'm hoping to get more kills now that I'm up on boost and have an improved ECU

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:25 pm 

Yeah, I have a 4g Colt so its lighter from the get go. Hitting 20lbs of boost on a 50trim in my econo box brings a smile to my face every time. Well the week it has been running it has. lol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:12 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

Quote:
Yeah, I have a 4g Colt so its lighter from the get go. Hitting 20lbs of boost on a 50trim in my econo box brings a smile to my face every time. Well the week it has been running it has. lol
You should come by the shop when its nice and race my "old" car at 22 psi. 2.0/ 50trim vs 1.6/ 50 trim, I bet you weigh less and Jared is looking to test out his new ride against something fast.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:25 pm 

Sure thing, As long as you help me tune it before hand. :) And hopefully the 1.5 tranny doesnt go boom. I have a wideband that needs to go in and have some beads put on the IC piping also.