4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:19 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Spec-what?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:26 am 
Some call me a god

I was just at my shop earlier tonight, making a catch can for my Colt. I had to give my buddy a ride home because his 1g Eclipse is in rough shape from some serious years of maintenence neglect. Some dude and his girlfriend pull up to us at the light in a 2000 something spec-V. He's revving his engine thinking he's about to pull on some old Colt. The light turns green and I'm staying alongside him, babying it through the gears to keep some kind of traction. When I hit third gear I put my foot in it... It was like the afterburner just kicked in. He was six car lengths behind in the blink of an eye. As my speedometer started passing the halfway point my friend points out "You don't wanna' get caught dude!" I applied the brake and replied "Well if it do, it sure ain't gonna by him."

He catches up to us and pulls up along side us going like 30 mph. My friend looks over and sees him driving next to us going "HOLY SHIT! MAN HOLY SHIT!" He starts revving again and bucking, so I dropped it into second and started spinning both front tires. I upshifted and started leaving him behind again.

We were only about two blocks from my friends house, and when we pulled in, here comes the spec-V. He parks in front of one of the other apartment buildings and quickly walks over; "Dude I just want to know what you got in that thing!" I'm like, "Just a two liter." He went on for a few moments about holy shit, that thing is sick, and crazy, and wow man, it's gotta be a turbo. I was just looking at his hot girlfriend who had run over to catch up to him and was now clinging to his arm with this pleasantly suprised but exited look on her face. She probably just realized that she won't have to listen to him talk about how fast his spec-v is anymore. LOL

Post subject: Re: Spec-what?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:37 am 
The Silent Administrator

That sir, just put a smile on my face first thing in the morning! Nice kill story. Sort of like the cat playing with the mouse and the mouse thinking it's a game the whole time. :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:49 am 
Restricted Newbie

haha good stuff, put a smile on my face to
Sleepers are where its at :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:18 pm 
Some call me a god

:lol: She wanted your car... should of offered a ride.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:31 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
She wanted my something. :snakeman:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:10 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
She wanted my something. :snakeman:
ROFL!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:58 am 
Some call me a god

Good shit bro!

I had that happen to me back in 2004....

I was on my way to the Maryland International Raceway, making my way across the Capitol Beltway and happened to pass some really NICE sub-exotics. I was on boost, but part throttle moving past some slower moving traffic... As I passed this black NSX, I inadvertantley gave the driver some BOV. I remembered shifting and then nailing the throttle and letting off. I had the music up kinda loud, but remember having that feeling that " someones in my blind spot tailing me!! :)

I glanced over and was like holy, shit dude in the NSX!! "Damn his car looks nice on those 18's, lowered, and whats the whininng noise" Anyhow he pulls alongside and gears up :twisted: ... He peeps my black shitbox, I peep his utterly GORGEOUS girlfriend..

Well, he thinks he has an easy win, I can see it on his face :twisted: Well, he nails it!!![ Damn she sounds like a Supra]
I downshift into 3rd, grab 4th and come around him before he even KNOWS what happened.... Grab fifth and I dont even wait for him to pull alongside........

I stay in it till he's a dot in the mirror :twisted:

2 weeks later by buddy Andre tells me he was at the babershop when some guy is in there talking about all the races he's won in his NSX except for recently when he got his ass handed to him by a Black "DODGE" hatchback that sounded like it was turbocharged. They all had a big laugh when my friend Andre told him it was in fact a Dodge Colt turbo, with a mitsu engine under the hood!!!!! Andre then informed me the whining noise I was a SUPERCHARGER !! :o Apparentally the guy didnt have the motor fully dialed in, but because he wasnt expecting anything from my car, he figured get himself a quick take down

To this day, there are still people in the DC/Metro area who ask about that car......

Trust me, that kid you ran just earned a new respect for 4G61/3's :twisted: