4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:42 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:36 pm 

Quote:
i built a b18c for my brother in law which made 735hp on a t67 @33psi
I call a BS on this. Please post up your dyno sheet of your brother in laws car laying down 735 hp at 33 psi on a b18c block.(it had to be tuned on the dyno to make that amount of hp so there has to be a Dyno sheet availble) Let me guess he was on pump gas too!

The 4g63t stock block will handle 350 to 400 HP on stock internals and be daily driven. I have not seen any B18C even make 400 hp on stock internals.

Lets start from ground zero.
Honda with a brand new b18c motor and Colt gt with a brand new 4g63t swaped in.
Both owners are given 1000.00 dollars to make the most HP. Colt wins hands down.
Both owners are given 2000.00 dollars to make the most HP. Colt wins hands down again.
You will need to spend more than 3000.00 dollars on a b18c to match the power of a 4g63t.

Sorry I have been in the game too long and owned both motors. 4g63t is the easiest and cheapest to make HP. For one reason it was built to be turbo charged from the factory. Don't you get tired of going to the race track and all you see is Honda's laying down 16 to 14 sec quarter miles. Yeah once in a while a trailer queen will show up and make a 12 to 10 sec pass if they did not blow anything up. FYI I have never seen a 11-12 sec b18 C motor powered honda get driven to the track and driven home. Most of them come on the trailer. I have seen many 11-12 sec 4g63t cars drive to the track and drive home. Last note if it was so easy and cheap to get 400 plus HP out of the B18c motor. How come most of these ricers are not making this amount of HP from their cars. Most are lucky enough to make 200 HP and by than they are just barely touching a stock 4g63t motor with a 60 dollar boost controller. I seen more 400 4g63t cars than I have seen b18 cars.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:27 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

I'd like to see a b16 or 1600 cc or less honda run 10's at 5800 elevation for the amount of money I have invested into my 4g61t...it makes me laugh just thinking about it. I pound alot of Honda's. I'm not saying there arn't some out there faster than me...just that they spent a whole hell of a lot more money than I did and it will be hard to beat me on the street no matter what you drive.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:39 pm 

Shit, you'd have $7000 EASY into the B18C to make that much power. It'd have to be fully sleeved and fully built in order to even come CLOSE to that amount of power. Besides, that motor would last about 5 pulls before the aluminum threads in the block for the studs would strip out. Those motors aren't that strong unless they are professionally built with high price, high quality internals and MAJOR engine work. Oh yeah, and I've seen 4G63ts run over 500 HP on stock internals and be daily driven.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:28 am 
Some call me a god

I've been saying that for the past 10 years.

Quote:
Quote:

The 4g63t stock block will handle 350 to 400 HP on stock internals and be daily driven. I have not seen any B18C even make 400 hp on stock internals.

Lets start from ground zero.
Honda with a brand new b18c motor and Colt gt with a brand new 4g63t swaped in.
Both owners are given 1000.00 dollars to make the most HP. Colt wins hands down.
Both owners are given 2000.00 dollars to make the most HP. Colt wins hands down again.
You will need to spend more than 3000.00 dollars on a b18c to match the power of a 4g63t.

Sorry I have been in the game too long and owned both motors. 4g63t is the easiest and cheapest to make HP. For one reason it was built to be turbo charged from the factory. Don't you get tired of going to the race track and all you see is Honda's laying down 16 to 14 sec quarter miles. Yeah once in a while a trailer queen will show up and make a 12 to 10 sec pass if they did not blow anything up. FYI I have never seen a 11-12 sec b18 C motor powered honda get driven to the track and driven home. Most of them come on the trailer. I have seen many 11-12 sec 4g63t cars drive to the track and drive home. Last note if it was so easy and cheap to get 400 plus HP out of the B18c motor. How come most of these ricers are not making this amount of HP from their cars. Most are lucky enough to make 200 HP and by than they are just barely touching a stock 4g63t motor with a 60 dollar boost controller. I seen more 400 4g63t cars than I have seen b18 cars.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:41 pm 
Some call me a god

there is a group of guys that run around here in the dfw metroplex, they have a couple of b18c honda's.

knocking low 11's on stock internals with headgasket/arp combo's.

youtube "machine" honda hatch. low low budget, cheaper than a 63t csm.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:44 pm 

the main reason im building my car isso that i can smoke all those stupid honduhs with their erector set spoiler and their fart can exaust ... just because you put a set of 17s and a carbon hood on your car does not mean you have a fast car .. and they love to sit at walmart and rev that crap till it hits the rev limiter ... then pull off the lot like they are going some in a hurry ... hearing in the distance a 3rd gear grind :lol: .. when all you really need to do is open your hood people see that 4g63 and big turbo and they just know its a fast car .. you dont need to show off .. in the end that ugly hatch back with the 13" steel wheels will blow the doors off your honda pos

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:59 am 

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I have to say the Honda vs DSM thing is a rivalry that will no doubt continue on for centuries..... so be it. Each side has strengths and weaknesses and in this thread, DSM wins. If the Honda won, I would say next time they may not, who knows? I for one will not own a Honda for a few reasons. Heat score, robbed, broken into, outright stolen regularly. A bad reputation because of a few ricer wannabes, despised by other race types, etc etc. Normally no one would even think twice to steal a Colt, let alone think it has any potential. 90% of the cops dont give us a second glance, make that most people period. Bottom line is I can kick ass and take names when the mood suits me OR I can blend in with the rest of the POS when I want to as well. I for one do NOT want to have to do warrior duty every single time I drive somewhere, sometimes its just nice to cruise and be left alone. KWIM? A kill is a kill and the dude with the Honda needs to do better next time. PEACE