4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Will This Fit My Cyborg?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:40 pm 

I have a 1990 Mitsubishi Cyborg and my turn signal switch will not cancel at times and clicks like crazy til I give it a jiggle. I came across a switch assembly on Ebay and was curious if anyone knows it would work? Says 91-95 but I know Mitsubishi likes to use a lot of the same parts. My guess is it would work, however can anyone confirm it would?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/91-95-Mitsubish ... 1g&vxp=mtr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:49 pm 
The Silent Administrator

You would need a stalk from a CC lancer assuming you want a generation newer. What you see there has airbag wiring and is in no way, just a 'generation off'.

You need the exact product that came with your car. The turn signal switch assembly has lube/grease in the contact areas where the ball is depressed and the contacts are made. They need constant movement after sitting for some time, or a removal and a cleaning/regrease with proper grease/lube like the Grote stuff in a squeeze tube I found at a local Princess Auto chain store, here up North.

Japan's 91-95 is like our 93-97+ if the car were even available here. We usually run behind Japan with regards to earlier model cars. Their 1987 is what we got in 1989, with their model being facelifted already in 1990, and ours getting facelift upgrades as well. Biggest difference we got was 5-8mph bumpers meaning that we would never see the two part bumpers the base models got; bottoms were metal!

Anywho, try to clean up what you have and or inspect the circuit board as a trace may be cracked, or get the exact part.

PartSouq.com can get a part number when you have the model you are dealing with, and you can search from there on local trademe's, Ebay's, ETC for overseas.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:13 pm 

Ok, I will take it apart and clean it up, it seems like it sticks at times and doesn't quite return to center. Thank you for the response!