4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:30 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:35 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Gates products is an OEM product manufacturer that offers many products that fit our platform.

Plug in your VIN or search in a much less fun manner, by selecting the Automotive branch section of their site.

I will link directly to their VIN search parameter.

This link will allow you to get their direct fit hoses, belts and related products that they offer.

If for some reason they can't get the part you need, it still allow cross reference for internet browsing to get what you need.

http://www.gates.com/catalogs-and-resou ... in-decoder

I was able to get product dimensions for belts and ordered the ones that suited my current engine configuration that takes into account a stock 1989 Mirage/Colt C53A platform with stock AC, using a 1G 4G63T Red Top 6 bolt motor (Cyclone doesn't come into play in this regard).

I will list a 1989 Plymouth Colt 4g61t VIN to allow others to easily decode what parts are needed whether they have a stock 4g61t or if they are swapping to a 4g61 or 4g63 motor setup, from a 4g15.

These VIN's comes from cars that were stripped of parts while at the wreckers. So, NO, they are never to be seen on the roads again.

1989 Plymouth Colt Turbo 4g61t
VIN = JP3CU54Z5KU134232

1989 Mitsubishi Mirage Turbo 4g61t
VIN = JA3CU54Z9KU070212

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:43 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Here is what I ordered to fit my setup:

Power steering/WP belt:
Gates 9265 V-Belt

Alternator/WP/Crank
Gates K040390RB Blue Racing Micro-V Belt

AC/Crank belt:
Gates K040360RB Blue Racing Micro-V Belt

Heavy duty Blue top belts for the multi-rib style and a standard/HD V-belt for the power steering.
Got the belts a few weeks back and have yet to install them. I can give feedback if all goes well this season.
the Blue Top Racing belts are no longer in production according to Gates, so whatever stock they are selling is the last of it.
Get them while they last in outlying warehouses. I wanted to do some color contrast between my wrinkle black motor bits and the pulley areas.
If my fuel pressure gauge was color matched and a few other bits, it might look a littl better but for now, they are designed with newer materials and lifespan when mated to a turbocharged platform.
That's what the label says anyways ... time will tell.