4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:52 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:17 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Hi! I would like to share you guys the way I did my 2g Ecu jumper harness when I was running a 2g ECU on my Colt, as most of you know this will work for EVO black box ECUs as well...

Parts needed:
*White section with pins of any 1g type ECU
*Set of the 4 yellow plugs of any 2g type ECU
*Set of the 3 yellow plugs of any 1g type ECU (this is a extra set of plugs not the ones on your car)
*Heat shrink tubes and black tape
*Very tiny flat screw driver (this will be useful when you try to take the wires from the yellow plugs)
*Soldering kit
*OBDII plug from any Mitsubishi car

1.-You don't have to destroy your own 1g Turbo ECU if you don't want to, what I did is that I went to a local junk yard and I took off a 1g non turbo ECU, once that you have the ECU opened then just cut the white section pin by pin from the back part, the 2 screws holding this part on the board may have some weld so just cut those spots, this is the way I got the white part from the junk yard
2.-Next step it's cutting the pins to the same length and make them straight like they look on the right part from the top pic
3.-Take off all the wires of the extra set of 3 1g type yellow plugs, here you can help yourself with the tiny screw driver
Here is the idea:
You hook the extra set of yellow plugs to the back part of the white pin section then you skip soldering wire by wire (which is difficult), here you can start doing the jumper harness in the way you choose (2g ECU, EVO VIII ECU, 3G ECU, etc.)
Final product:
With the OBD2 plug attached

Well I hope you found this way helpful, this is just the way I assembled the jumper and I decided not to include the pin by pin steps because there are different routes depending which ECU you choose...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:08 pm 

What links did you use or did you just go through the manuals? What do you do about things that the 2g's have the the 1g's don't like extra sensors and such? Are they needed?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:13 pm 
CSM Junkie

I've got pinouts made up for 1G to Evo 8/Lancer M/T and 1G to Lancer/Eclipse A/T ecu conversions, if you want them. I use an A/T ecu, because they're easier to find for some reason. The Evo 8 ROM flashes right to it, but you have to double it up to account for the extra RAM space in the A/T ecu. Or you could use the RoadSpike bigmap A/T files, but I didn't think of that until after I made the M/T one, lol.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:53 pm 

Here's the thing, I already know how to wire a 1g dsm harness into my 4g summit. I also have a mint 2g turbo ecu here that I'd like to use since its already set for the 609 maf from the factory. I was just wondering if there were any write-ups out there that show you how to wire up the 2g ecu in a 1g. I found a post on tuners but it looked like only half of the wires were covered and a lot were left out. Maybe I need to look over it again.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:25 am 

Quote:
What links did you use or did you just go through the manuals? What do you do about things that the 2g's have the the 1g's don't like extra sensors and such? Are they needed?
Here is considering that you have a 90 wiring harness (swap pins 6-14 on 91-94 wiring harness):

I decided to go with a 1g to 2g jumper harness since I was running the 2g MAF with the 450cc, also my 2g ECU had v2 so I just disabled the sensors that 1gs don't have, everything worked fine but I guess if you don't run DSM link the 2g ECU will cause MIL...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:17 am 

Thanks Moulin, haven't seen that one before. Have you by chance seen a pin-out for the 2g engine harness where the dash harness connects to the engine harness? I have a nice engine harness from a 97 GS-T that I got from Natedog that I may use. Just need to solder up an adapter to tie it into my Summit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:23 pm 

I haven't checked on that but let me see what I can find....