4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:35 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: shifting woes!
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:43 pm 
CSM Junkie

Ok the colts been sitting maybe 7-8 months. I was leaving class and I was unable to shift into any gear while car was still. I made it to store, driving without using clutch. Checked shift bushings, one was somewhat worn( I had skateboard bearings at home just didn't get around to use) I ran into Walmart got a skateboard for its bearings. Lol...no good, I added trans fluid no good. Anyways I managed to start car while in gear and drove home without using clutch to shift fine. When starting in gear with clutch pedal all way down the car just pulled.... I tried adjusting clutch pedal rod(thought it helped some for short period) no leaks around clutch master cylinder(internally?.... I notice when pushing clutch in and out the clutch fork don't move like it use to.clutch fork seem to have alot of play on the pivot ball..I bled it, no good still...after we closed on the new house I drove without clutch to the new garage where's its been sitting all winter....I miss driving her and summer is here.. any ideals? Not to much to the shifting, I guess I'm trying avoid dropping trans as of now..

Slave is new
Ss clutch line from slave to cmc
Only thing on the whole car/motor not replace is the clutch master cyclinder....I never replaced because I seen no leaks

I ordered a new comp fork and ball.......this is a 91 Plymouth colt.....what clutch master cylinder should I get? The stock one or from another compatable car?

Last edited by king_of_the_street on Tue May 14, 2013 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: shifting woes!
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:39 am 
CSM Junkie

I think your master is toast. It doesn't have to leak outside to allow fluid to pass the piston when you press the pedal.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:42 am 
CSM Junkie

Thanks im gonna replace for sure. IV never had a Cmc go bad on me before, then again IV never had a car long enough. Lol...actually I think I might of once...cmc or was it the bMC? Hmm one of those I changed in parking lot. Lol.. I tried searching on here before I go buy. Should I ask for same make/make for the Cmc? Or from another year/make? Better year to order from or make/model?

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:23 am 
CSM Junkie

HAHAHA!!!!!

This is the same issue I'm having, fun stuff! It's hit or miss. Decided to roll it out to a car show last night, it was great all the way to the location... As I'm leaving and went to tag second, it happened! So I had to leave it in first because it wouldn't go into any other gear, pulled off. Shut the car off and turned it back on and it was mint again.

I will be watching this thread :drinkers:

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:01 am 
CSM Junkie

I was able to shift with out assistist from clutch pedal...i had to shut off car and put into gear and shift without pedal....pedal to floor I could not shift,just grind if kept pushing

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:14 am 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
I was able to shift with out assistist from clutch pedal...i had to shut off car and put into gear and shift without pedal....pedal to floor I could not shift,just grind if kept pushing

I didn't try to shift without the clutch.

My pedal feel stays the same as usual though... DOes yours?

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:36 am 
CSM Junkie

Yes, just no matter how far I push it I cant shift into gear while cars running. I have shut off and put in 1st or 2nd, usually 2nd then shift without pedal works great then...im just bein tho' lazy lol trying avoid drop trans, house remodel.has me swamped...hoping the cmc solves it..i heard heavy duty pp puts more strain on the cmc...

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:38 am 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Yes, just no matter how far I push it I cant shift into gear while cars running. I have shut off and put in 1st or 2nd, usually 2nd then shift without pedal works great then...im just bein tho' lazy lol trying avoid drop trans, house remodel.has me swamped...hoping the cmc solves it..i heard heavy duty pp puts more strain on the cmc...

Ha ha yeah I'm trying to avoid dropping the trans, because if I do that I will toss a twin disk in. Trying to avoid wasting too much money into a colt :D

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:48 am 
CSM Junkie

Trying see if a upgraded cmc is best or another car; elantra,vista,colt gt cmc is best and fits?

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:59 am 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Trying see if a upgraded cmc is best or another car; elantra,vista,colt gt cmc is best and fits?

I'm not sure? Stock would probably be fine I'd assume. I might beat you to replacing but if not I'm going to see if it fixed your issue.

Is yours hit or miss like mine or is it always giving you the issue?

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:19 pm 
Some call me a god

Could be loose pressure plate bolts. Had that happen to me once. If you replace the master cylinder, get a 92-95 elantra unit.

Last edited by fastvtgsx on Wed May 15, 2013 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:12 pm 
CSM Junkie

Hope not...ill eventually drop trans to put in comp fork and ball,but I trying avoid right now... I wish seen this earlier I went ahead earlier order for a 89 colt gt. At advance auto and picked up....funny, last year I bought one those filter adaptors for my k&n filter but didn't fit so I ordered right one..it sat in my colt so today figured I return finally get store credit...dude was giving a problem saying case was different I just assumed they changed casing when he showed me I was like its the same an he's like yours is yellowing around package....he's like they sell these at auto zone, oreillys to...I'm like dude I'm not trying rip you off "kidding... I'm like come-on, he eventually gave credit to me and I bought the Cmc but what a dick

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:14 pm 
CSM Junkie

So hopefully tomorrow I have time to change and fingers crossed it will be the problem, ill let you know turbogt...

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:34 am 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
So hopefully tomorrow I have time to change and fingers crossed it will be the problem, ill let you know turbogt...

Sounds good! I'm going to order a master today myself. No biggie if the tranny has to drop out, but I'd prefer it to be the master haha

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:21 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Quote:

Sounds good! I'm going to order a master today myself. No biggie if the tranny has to drop out, but I'd prefer it to be the master haha

Did your ever fix your colt problem? I finally got around to it today....rolled out the garage started and purred nicely!! I bled the new MC, but still no luck... it grinds when trying to put into gear...I'm going to adjust clutch pedal and bled more..hopefully solves it or I have drop trans

Ideas anyone? Not much, hoping if not MC its the fork and ball solve problem