4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:22 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:07 am 

I bought mine from tunersports.com for 860 drop shipped

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:25 am 
The Silent Administrator

That's an incredibly low price Malacoda! When did you purchase your set?

I have just put a few hundred miles on my car now, and can respond to how they handle/operate.
Seconding exactly what Natedog wrote in post number one, they are set to the middle setting front and back, book says they adjust differently front and rear, but I get level action as the car hits/absorbs/rebounds over large bumps. Still get passengers who get air time in the front seat when dipping and rebounding through very deep/tall and long road "imperfections", much like half height bus speed bumps. Not an issue with the suspension just the way a small light weight car handles stiffer coils I assume. Much more controlled than any drop spring and Gr2/ExcelG combo I have tried. Super bumpy roads will give you lots of feedback in the car at the middle setting, and I can't see that changing much as the suspension "loosens/works in", but the feeling of control from the stiffer springs and reduced oscillation/control of the springs, is really eye opening. I have yet to experience the tires dancing sideways when loaded to the side in corners and experiencing a bump or two. This bodes well got these coilovers. I am running Galant/Eagle wagon wheels, with 205/50 R15 Dunlop Direzza DZ102 tires. Tires were produced Dot code 4114, so other than sitting on the car for a year waiting, they are brand new and handled the Gatineau hills very well the other night. Short of Calabogie Raceway, the Gatineau Hills are the only local spot with lots of nearly blind twists and turns (lots of grassy shoulder), and the chance to avoid raccoons as most people go up at night to "see the stars and the city from elevation".

I give the K Sport Kontrol Pro an initial review rating of "great product for the price".

I have my trunk roofline adjusted near to stock height, with the front wheel well ago showing larger than the rear, as it should given body lines, and the car handles so much better. Also my rear over axle exhaust section no longer hits the solid rear axle on big bumps as when the suspension used to hit the urethane bump stops. If I had a choice, so far without having had to adjust/readjust the height or lock ring tightness's, I would never have bought replacement sets of factory style replacement suspension. Go straight to these coilovers with braided stainless lines for the brakes. Also, bigger front brakes and rear discs should be priority number two after that.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:05 pm 

I bought them February of this year. With the original tires I had on the car the car handled great with the exception of a little extra bump steer that I got after adding the Wilwood Brake kit (assuming from widening the track with the spacers). I had blown a tire out some how and needed a quick set of cheep tires the had got put on the back. The sidewalls on the tires were so flimsy it made the car handle like a wet noodle so I had to put them on the front. Now I cant wait to put new tires on the car...

My exhaust still hits the solid axle unfortunately but I want to raise the back up a little and see if I can help that a little. I think when the exhaust was made for my car it wasn't lowered all that much so there wasn't left a lot of room to be lowered. Or it was on a lift and the suspension was left hanging and the person wasn't thinking lol. I have the receipt for it somewhere and he only paid 300 for the custom exhaust so that was kind of a deal I think.

What do you have your camber set at on the front with the Wilwoods and whats the height from ground to the fender well. I am getting a noise in the front and I think it might be a wheel bearing and I think it might a combination of the brake kit/wheel spacer and some negative camber causing stress on them.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:19 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Wheel bearing noise should change tone with heavy side to side motion. Be sure there is no play, with everything including the wheel assembled and torqued (axle nut).

I should probably post pics in my build thread and list measurements from the top of the lower tube (the part the is a large threaded collar, up to the base of where the spring sits. This way, cars with similar weighting can plug in my numbers and start at that point. You must have the preload adjusted per the Internet videos on YouTube, as I had to look them up and see what they said. Essentially tight the lower collar abutting the base of the spring, by hand, until you cannot tighten it anymore. Be sure NOT to rotate the shock shaft!!! This can do things internally, that you don't want. Once that is tight, perform a full rotation further, using the collar tools. Then you can dial in the base rotating tube that contains the lower bolt mount for the rear, and the two bolt mounting for the front knuckle. My front may sit a pinch high, but visually the body is level across the lower door line and side skirts. Yes the skirts from an arc as they go end to end, but referencing them as a whole, it looks very even to me. Wheel well gap is relative and subjective due to tire sizing and rims widths/offsets. I aimed to have my rear roofline/spoiler carrying a straight board across them, to confirm what I found in the factory service manual. In my build, the rear started at 1-1/4" of thread collar having contact, and I added about an inch, to 2-1/4" total thread used. Front I haven't touched since it went in.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:55 pm 
Some call me a god

http://performance.importrp.com/i-50983 ... fgod1T4Ebg

$780??????? free shipping... thoughts? :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

And they are in my neighborhood..

07 ZX6R

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:42 pm 
The Silent Administrator

If they will honor that price, grab em. Otherwise the MAP pricing I got was the lowest advertised price allowed by KSport USA. $1170 plus $150 two day shipping to Canada. That was USD. Any and all drop shippers won't honor the price they post if the price at KSport is higher or they make no money; that happened to me with Amazon.com and a shipper there.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:25 am 
Some call me a god

Wells its worth a shot. I'm poor and have been looking for suspension for years and none of the DSM/evo stuff made much sense to me given the suspension travels and modifications needed to make things work. I want to do this right the first time. I'll keep ya'll updated on how things go from this seller but Eagle I'm sure you'll be right.

07 ZX6R

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:06 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

I've put about 1000 miles on my K-sports and no complaints at all so far. I have them at the medium settings all around and I would say they are not too much more harsh then my Cusco's on my Evo1. The car corners a ton better than my old setup with GR2's and coilover sleeeves with QA1 500lb springs. Time will tell how they hold up but so far they have been worth it to me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:49 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:
http://performance.importrp.com/i-50983 ... fgod1T4Ebg

$780??????? free shipping... thoughts? :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

And they are in my neighborhood..
Didn't work out, they wanted $1010=tax so over $1100, cancelled the order, got a refund.

07 ZX6R

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:17 am 
The Silent Administrator

I'm convinced that everyone is pricing below market MAP per the distributor in the USA. They list at $1300 and have a slim sale that came about close to my purchase date.

You would still be getting a better deal than I received. Worth everyone corner, but warn your passengers they may get airborne.