4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:51 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:31 pm 

Ok fellas I know I messed up this time. I would love some help please.. Ok well first off Ive been having misfire problems, with the colt. She would be difficult to start until I changed the cam angle sensor. Now she would start up right away but still run a bit rough(misfire), and also very rich. This is with the stock 90 dsm ecu, VPC with 550 chip & AFC. Now I have an eprom with 660 chip inside, and when I plug it in the car it will not start. So my eprom never really worked for some reason. Keep in mind I have 660 injectors in the car. OK this is where I think I went wrong, I took the chip from the eprom and switched it
with the 550 chip that came in the VPC. When I switched the chips I was using a 90 stock dsm computer. Now the car will not start. What do you think may be my problem.
Setup: 60-1, 660 injectors, Vpc, Afc, eprom ecu.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:25 am 
2nd Banana

Quote:
Ok fellas I know I messed up this time. I would love some help please.. Ok well first off Ive been having misfire problems, with the colt. She would be difficult to start until I changed the cam angle sensor. Now she would start up right away but still run a bit rough(misfire), and also very rich. This is with the stock 90 dsm ecu, VPC with 550 chip & AFC. Now I have an eprom with 660 chip inside, and when I plug it in the car it will not start. So my eprom never really worked for some reason. Keep in mind I have 660 injectors in the car. OK this is where I think I went wrong, I took the chip from the eprom and switched it
with the 550 chip that came in the VPC. When I switched the chips I was using a 90 stock dsm computer. Now the car will not start. What do you think may be my problem.
Setup: 60-1, 660 injectors, Vpc, Afc, eprom ecu.
This problem sounds frighteningly similar to Evo-Jr's problem. Might you be the same person? If not, sounds like you're posting this for him or something.

Are you saying that you put your VPC chip in your ECU? If that's correct, that's probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:02 am 

Yes this is evojr that Im talking about. After I switched the chip the car will not start anymore. Before messing around with the chips the car started but had serious misfire. Now I know I destroyed something major, and I know it was not the smartest thing I could have done. I aplogize CAPTAINTONUS I didn't have enough knowledge to know that I was making a big mistake. It was the eeprom Ecu chip that I installed in the Vpc, while running a stock ecu.