4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:50 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 58 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:39 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Like I said befor I am going to try to stay away from a twin disk if I can I wanna see how well the 2100 will hold befor giving out. I am also looking for a good set of slicks that would fit a lowerd colt. I am going to be running the dsm kyb agx's I have them just siting around so why not use them. From what I read to make it sit lvl I need to cut on coil off the front struts? correct?

Thank's for you time
Tyler,

Post subject: Re: My 92 colt Build
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:53 am 

I have a 91 Eagle Tsi it desided it was done . I have been runing more boost and trying to get it tune better, I mean the motor did have 215,000miles on it. The only thing I have done was get the head rebuilt. It kinda sucks It was my daily. I am worried about geting the colt done like I want to know. I might not have the funds for awhile. Well anyways here is some pics of the number 2 piston and rod.

Image Look at that bend rod. The pistons has hair line cracks u can see all over it.
Image the skirt had a hair line crack all the way up the piston

Image The piston just looks bad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:29 am 

Damn man, I'm sorry to hear that. Hope you can get her rebuilt soon so you can get back to the build.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:37 am 

If you think that is bad wait till I get a pic of the block :(

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:29 pm 

Ok I know it has been a few day. I am not able to use my old block. I have to now look for a new one. Btw if anyone needs any stock dsm parts I just bought a hole shop full. I do not have any motor blocks. I have 5 rails of dsm 450cc's I would like to sale I have dsm 2g mafs and 1g's stock bovs cam angle sens . You name it I might have it. But back to what I was saying. I am running low on cash. I have to pick up a good bottom end or build one for the talon. I do not have another car to drive and I a borrowing one. The other bad part was that I it damaged the head pushed parts of the valves into my bullseye turbo exhaust wheel now it is done for sure. So I have to get a new turbo as well. So I am looking at some money. :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:33 pm 
CSM Junkie

92colt72k, I sent you a PM. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:52 am 

Well I am starting to get back on track. I bought another turbo for the talon after blowing the motor up. I just about have a motor done for it. I am waiting on the head to come back and I am just going to be using arp headstuds and mitsu headgasket on the car. So my daily will be back up and runing. I am also looking for a good awd tranny with 23 spline output shaft. My tranny is starting to grind into gears. Well just let my know guys thx.

Tyler :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:26 am 

I am not here to report any updates but to say. I have not been on the site. I was in a really bad car crash. I hit a tree going about 70mph in my ae86. It is destroyed I will try to have some pics posted up in a day or so.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:13 am 
The Silent Administrator

Don't worry about the updates, just get better, and stay safe! Hope you were wearing safety gear, or at the very least were belted in and the car was crash worthy (not all rusted out). We see alot of front bumper hacked out for intercoolers, and this is where it would mean the most to keep some metal support welded together.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:55 am 

I am sorry for not being on it has not been a very big priorty for me. I have not been doing that great. I didnt even rember what happen only that I did hit the tree. When I woke up after being knocked out i was laying on the ground. I dont know if i got throwed out or what. But car stoped and called 911 . I was taking to the hospital the weird thing was I felt fine that hole day. The next day I had really bad chest pains I have been in and out of the hospital since then I broke 3 ribs. there is a list of things I had a friend take a pick of the car. I will try I mean try to get it posted this weekend. I have had a really hard time rembering to do anything since the wreck. So there a good chance of head injurys. I really have not been the same. Well when I do get the pick posted u are not going to belive that I am alive it hit right behind the drivers door pushed the side in so far that the top of my seat is sticking out of the side of the door. broke the rear axle it snaped the wheel off with the axle.it broke the tranny. it just was bad crash I am going to try to go back to work for the first day since the crash.

Tyler.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:38 am 

This is the stupest thing I have ever had to do. My copier on the computer is broke and they didnt take the pics with digital cam. So i have to take a pic of a pic with my phone so i could email it to my self isn't that crazy. here they are

as soon as we get a new copyer the picturs will be a ton better quality. It's just i been telling you i would post them and im just trying to stick to my word

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:33 am 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:35 am 

I have been feeling better the past few days. I am wanting to try to start working on the colt some maybe in a week or 2. I am starting to get tired of laying in bed all day.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:23 pm 
Some call me a god

Damn, dude......I hate to say it, though I know you are suffering because of the accident, you really are own lucky guy to be mobile after a collision like that. Hope you're feeling better

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:30 pm 

Ok well I have alot more bad new's then good news. I ended up with a house to live in. And I had to sale my hole turbo setup. I still going to have the turbo colt and the build thread. But I have just now been able to start saving some money to get back into it. The motor and tranny are still not in the car. For turbo setup I am working on buying and hx35 for now. If it gets to where I have the car almost runing and I don't have my turbo setup ready. I might just run this low miles 13g I have laying around. The motor done. I still have to buy the axles and few more odd's and end's I will post more details tmrw thank you.

Tyler,

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 58 Next