4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:51 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 8 Next
 Post subject: Re: My 92 colt Build
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:45 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

I am sorry I have not been snaping any pic's the past few days if anyone cares LOL. I got the dash and seats and all the trim put in. The bumper suport cut out and. The intercooler mounted and some of the pipe's run. I will have some pics up tonight I belive.

Tyler,

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:59 pm 

It;s quite crazy seeing how I started this build last sunday. Now I have the motor the tranny and the ic mounted and just alot of little stuff left like mounting the new sirco rad. It fits in the coresuport nice. I just have some triming left to do. Here are a few pics from today.

There should be more this weekend.

Tyler,

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:24 pm 

Ok so I have been pretty busy with life been spending alot of time with the girl friend. I have a few more pics. I finshed the ic pipe I don't have the rad mounted yet. I have to take it some where and find a cap to fit where the sensers goes on the rad. As it was not made for are cars,

( Geting close)

(passaner lower ic pipe)

( The front after cuting the crap out of the bumper support)

( Hot side of the ic pipe)

( More of my hot side ic and my new downpipe)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:06 pm 

Sorry I have not been on in awhile. I have got alot done it's almost ready to start I have the rad mounted temp. I will have to drive it to work to make better mounts as they are made out of thin steel plumers tape. I have the I have the intercooler mounted and all the pipes. I am waiting on the 510's from lancerman they should be here anytime. My slim fans should be in the next day or so as well. Man I can't wait it's coming together pretty smooth.

Tyler,

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:54 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Quote:
I am sorry I have not been snaping any pic's the past few days if anyone cares LOL. I got the dash and seats and all the trim put in. The bumper suport cut out and. The intercooler mounted and some of the pipe's run. I will have some pics up tonight I belive.

Tyler,
Sheesh.............I got tired of clicking the links. Tyler you have got click "IMG" to put your links between the "[img]photobucket_link[/img]" code like that!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:11 pm 

Fixed the links for you, build is coming along nicely!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:14 pm 

Well I have very bad news tonight I got it all put together where I could start it and then with the tranny out of gear i Tryed to start it bam the car rolls forward I thought I was going to go throo the building. I then disconeted the shift linkage made sure it was in nutral by hand same thing. So by this time I am like wtf and with the clutch pushed in it will turn over just fine. I think the tranny I bought is junk. I am going to tryt o get back in touch with the guy I bought it from wheelhop. Then I still couldn't get it to start and rember we drained the tank befor I brought it home so I am going to have to wait till tmrw to here my little colt run but the tranny has to be junk I don't know why else it would do this,,

Tyler,

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:24 pm 

Thx for taking the time and fixing all my pics it really looks alot better now.

Tyler,

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:35 am 

You said the tranny got dropped during shipping as the package was broken and the 5th gear cover was cracked per your pms on the link forums. Can't you submit a claim? This transmission worked just fine when I pulled it from my car. I only sold it becasue I bought an AWD shell and am in the process of moving all my parts over to that. . .

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resour ... phr=claims The dclared value was $200.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:35 pm 

Like i was saying I do not belive they will do anything about it because it was not shiped to there specs. However i will make a claim and see if they are willing to help me out at all.

Tyler,

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:49 am 

I have found a good friend of mine who has a dogbox built tranny new in box awd 5speed double sycro 1-2-3 ans evo 3rd and 4th gear cryotreated gears . He and his wife are spliting up and I am picking up the tranny for dirt cheap. 500 bucks it's new just siting there still. Welded center diff with 4spider front lsd

Tyler,

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:29 am 

The plan is to pick up the tranny this friday I am really happy about this. I plan to do somthin diffrent tho. I am going to put the built tranny in the talon and I am going to put the stock awd tranny in the colt and weld the center diff first. I am unable to get wheelhop to respon to my emails on this fourm or ecmtuning . I would just like to ship the tranny back to him and get my refund but I do not think that is goin to happn. :(

Tyler,

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:21 pm 

It's runing pretty good. I had to put it on jackstands to day started it up leting it run for a few min's the motor had been siting for a few years it seem just find and right now does not seem to leak fingers crossed hope it stays that way. If he does not get back to me I might just endup taking the tranny apart and see if I can fix it. I have a few spare dsm parts trannys laying around,

Tyler,

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:41 am 

Quote:
The plan is to pick up the tranny this friday I am really happy about this. I plan to do somthin diffrent tho. I am going to put the built tranny in the talon and I am going to put the stock awd tranny in the colt and weld the center diff first. I am unable to get wheelhop to respon to my emails on this fourm or ecmtuning . I would just like to ship the tranny back to him and get my refund but I do not think that is goin to happn. :(

Tyler,
I've talked to you friday and it is monday. The only email was a paypal claim. Which is resolved.

I'll leave it at this and not respond any more. I don't want to dirty up your thread. It's a neat build and I think it will be nice for other's to see your results.

You were looking for the cheapest shipping. You were wanting the company you work for to give you a discount since it ships so many parts. You and I kept going back and forth on how to do it. I had my tranny for sale for $300. $150 of that I alotted for shipping. I didn't want to mess with packaging it Becasue I was selling everything so cheap as is. Gotta get my kids eyeglasses billed paid; life, just like a divorce. I told you in pm, "however you want to do the shipping, I'll just need 150 for it." Including the $200 sbr lsd insert and I threw in the ACT FWD flywheel with low miles on it for a total of $200. I've shipped motors and one transmission before the way I shipped it to you. And so have MANY others. And there were no issues. You insisted on saving every bit you could on shipping. So that would include not having any form of shipping insurance, that apparantly you can only get when having the product packaged by UPS. I never wanted to deal with the packaging anyway, so I had that cost calculated in my original price for the tranny with insert. You were very concerned about saving on shipping, so I did whatever you asked. It's $75 for a container from TRE. And even that wouldn't be a case where ups packages the product themselves. As rough as a package would have had to be handled for a rubbermaid case with 20 large nylon zip ties, hard polystyrene net floats fit properly and are denser than the polystyrene in the TRE box to break; cardboard and tape would have fared worse, of which is what the TRE box consists.

You asked for ther cheapest shipping. I did the best I could; better than UPS would have done since they supply TRE the boxes. And that's what happened. UPS screwed up handling the package and safely tucks itself in the "well we didn't package it" reasoning. I'm not going to pay for their mistake nor for anyone's lack of discretion in their fortune. You took a gamble and lost. For that I am truely sorry. And I'm glad that you have your car running.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:44 am 

BTW, if your talon is a FWD. Then I agree 110% that you should put that tranny in the colt. I think the FWD gearing including the final drive, everything, is better set up for a FWD platflorm in general. It will be better for you. FWD guys only go AWD tranny when they want to get all the perks a built awd tranny can provide of which I don't think you'll need with the colt build.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 8 Next